SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) The front passenger door will only open from the inside, the exterior door handle won't even budge (not even going to try and force it to).

2) A few times when making semi-hard left turns, during the turn it feels as if the car wants to die (fuel cutoff).

These are the only issues I've had thus far owning my 2003. I'll be dropping it off at the dealer next week to have the first issue fixed under warranty and the 2nd I'm not sure what I can do since it's not a consistent problem (sporatic).

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Are you the original owner?

The door handle problem sounds like the latching mechanism may have gotten disconnected. Many of us have had the outside door handles replaced. When the dealers first started doing this, they were reusing the same clips they had to remove. When reassembled the clips did not hold. Then the outside handle would not function.

The steering issue may have to do with a pump problem. The pump sits next to the top of the engine and is camshaft driven. So if the pump starts to seize or strain it may slow the engine. This definitely should be investigated.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
ctrlz said:
Are you the original owner?

The door handle problem sounds like the latching mechanism may have gotten disconnected. Many of us have had the outside door handles replaced. When the dealers first started doing this, they were reusing the same clips they had to remove. When reassembled the clips did not hold. Then the outside handle would not function.

The steering issue may have to do with a pump problem. The pump sits next to the top of the engine and is camshaft driven. So if the pump starts to seize or strain it may slow the engine. This definitely should be investigated.
Ditto to CTRLZ on the handles.
If they have been replaced those clips probably broke like they did on my rear doors.

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Quite frankly these "problems" are unknown to me...

After thinking about it.. is it not possible that the second "steering " problem is not due to a steering hydraulic pump that fails when the motor is at low revs..
I have had this problem.. difficulty to turn the wheel at less than 1,00 rpm..
Recognized as a problem and the steering pump was changed rapidly under warranty..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts