SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help - looking for 1 drivers side door panel for 1983 red 99 colour a kind of sandy beige. I have 3 99's and all the door panels are rotten at the bottom. The door panels of earlier 2-doors all look the same.
mikez99

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Do you mean you want a bit of metal/door skin to replace the rotten bits on yours?, or an internal trim panel?
I dont think anybody makes a (metal) repair panel, so you will have to craft one yourself.

Doors off a 2 door 900 should also fit on your 99 (though you may have to mess with mirrors or trims to make them match)

·
Premium Member
11,587 Posts
Welcome to Saab central :) As Boxman says, adverts should be placed in the classifieds.

3 99's? That's just greedy :D To the question in hand however:

If you mean metalwork, bits are available.

Saab do repair panels for the bottom of doors. 8215899 LH and 8215907 RH. The cover the point right at the bottom where it tucks underneath.

Otherwise complete skins are available, 8288714 LH 8288722 RH.

Expect to pay ~£25 for the repair sections or £100+ for the skins. However, I just bought a nearside one from ebay for £20 :D

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
nutcase said:
If you mean metalwork, bits are available.

Saab do repair panels for the bottom of doors. 8215899 LH and 8215907 RH. The cover the point right at the bottom where it tucks underneath.

Otherwise complete skins are available, 8288714 LH 8288722 RH.

Expect to pay ~£25 for the repair sections or £100+ for the skins. However, I just bought a nearside one from ebay for £20 :D
wow. I never knew they did them!. can we add these into the parts listing? they may not be hard to find, but without a parts manual its not easy to know they exist! (alternatively you could scan that parts guide you have on the fiche thingys! ;) )

I was going to chop up an old 900 door to fix my 99 ones.

·
Premium Member
11,587 Posts
I never knew either until I ordered a skin and the bototm panel thinking I needed both, and found that it was a repair section that was already on the complete skin.

I'm working on the 99 fiches. But 600+ tiny little squares takes a lot of work!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
door panel

Tks for replies. I've put the request into "classified" and corrected the "door panel" to "door interior trim panel";oops: mikez99

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Have you got a picture of a panel like you want?. If it is the same as my yellow 99 then i might be able to help you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts