SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ALL!

I'd like to replace the original radio with 2-DIN DVD or NAVI player in my diesel powered Saab 9-3 facelift (year model 2010). But there is a problem regarding timer of Eberspächer that is now driven by CAN-bus. Is there any solution to remain the auxiliary heater's program capability if the original radio will be replaced. I think the radio has clock that is connected to CAN-bus?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
a different instrument panel wiring harness, different wires routing in radio connectors with navigator option.

so not recommended.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
The Saab radio in 2007+ 9-3s can easily be replaced with aftermarket, many of us have now done it. See:
Pioneer Navigation install 2007 9-3 Aero - pics
Finally...I have all the parts for the Pioneer Avic D3
Pioneer Avic D3 Installation - Photographs
Pioneer Avic F700bt installed in my 08 9-3SS
AVIC 900BT in 2007 SC with SW functions working
My 2007 Sportwagon Aftermarket Audio Install
Another Kenwood TV into a 2007 9-3 SS
ANOTHER KENWOOD MAKEOVER w/SWC
TurboX stereo. 2-Din Alpine\ Hertz

Yes, you will loose the ability to update the next service info, but that is really the only functionality that is lost when replacing 2007+ headunits.

I have just fitted my Kenwood unit from my old Sportcombi into my new convertible and have noticed that the service info is still displayed, I think it is only when a service is carried out and the dealer tries to reset the service indicator that it gets lost as it can't be updated.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Can be replaced - but easy? Wow - check out the last link...you'll first need to spend a few years learning how to mold and form fiberglass. Holy smokes that's some cool work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would be enough to me if the unit can be replaced. Not so much time to build so huge systems you have done, great art and!

Has someone installed aftermarket head unit with Saab Eberspacher auxialiary heater with timer that works with, Pioneer, Kenwood, Zenec. I think steering wheel buttons are not a problem but heater's programming may be! Eberspacher timer is adjusted with SID!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I can't help with the heater, never heard of it till now, so never had any experience of it.
I've never seen any posts here about auxillary heaters connected into Saabs, so you may be out of luck with your query and may have to be a guinea pig and try it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, Eberspacher is standard in diesel Saab, at least in Nordic countries, otherwise it takes lot of time to warm up the engine. You can pre-heat your before driving and the car is warm inside as well with timer in SID. These features are driven with CANbus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts