SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

A month ago, I purchased a 1997 900 S with 93k miles. I took it to a reputable mechanic before making the deal, and he said it looked like it had been well taken care of, just some minor work needed. After driving away from the dealer, it died on the highway 15 minutes away. Thankfully, the dealer was apologetic and towed the car back to their shop and diagnosed/replaced the fuel pump.

Not 150 miles later, it died again while idling at a light. I had it towed to my shop, and their diagnostics say that it is the fuel pump again.

Is it possible something else is going on here? I suppose the most likely scenario is a defective fuel pump, but wondering if anyone has other ideas.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Sounds like the pump that the dealer put in was defective (unless there is some bad wiring at fault here). Before you get it raplaced, see if you can get the dealer to do it for free or pick up the tab.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Maybe the dealer just hit the bottom of the tank to get it to move off the dead spot. The mechaninc should be able to tell if the tank was dropped or the fuel pump was actually changed. Did you buy the car from a Saab dealer?... Ron

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I didn't get it from a Saab dealer. And, my mechanic tells me that the tank was clearly dropped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts