SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the many questions that has been going on this forum is answered...

Today I installed my blow off valve, but to come to the question. THERE IS NO PROBLEM,NO CEL, AND THE BOSCH ECU ADOPTED TO IT REALLY QUICKLY. Actually the lag-free turbo is COMPLETELY LAG FREE!!!

Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQHxliWoxGY

Equipment:
1. HKS Super SQV 275$ on www.hksusa.com
2. 3 ft. of silicon tubing http://www.hosetechniques.com
3. a Y shaped pressure diverter (plastic piece that looks like something from an aquarium...
4. Custom made pipe that connects the lower intercooloer hose to the upper hose

***CAUTION*** WHEN PLACING THE NEW SILICON HOSE ON PLACE, WORK AROUND THE TURBO SO THE HOSE DOES NOT MELT....

ENjOY!!!

Here is the 1st step of the "diagnosis"

Here is the custom piece in subsitute for the plastic connector shown below.

You can use any vacuum line, (I choose the one next to the firewall behind the engine that goes to the master cylinder) and connect the Y shaped converter. Plug the two end of the lines into it and use the 3rd line to connect your b.o.v.

Next step is to put the custom pipe connected to the b.o.v in place and tighten the o rings.

Now connect the custom piece with the lower hose and ENJOY THE PROBLEM-FREE SOUND OF BOOST...

My PPC Will arrive this Week and cant wait to install it..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AeroMiami said:
That's awesome, man. Congrats! Do you feel a difference in the lag or acceleration?

You can deffinitly hear the acceleration more, and there is a little but slightly difference in lag. As you know we use twin-scroll turbo's so it has a huge advantage in lag business...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Wow! This is sweet! I wonder if the computer is fully accustomed to the new BOV, I think it takes averages over 200 miles for some parameters. Let us know how it does over the next few weeks.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Glad that works for you Aero Ern. Make sure all the connections are nice and tight.

Go for a run, and do a pull from start or whichever. Do you see it in-gear longer, and holds boost longer as well?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dizwhoadayjohn said:
So is your BOV placed very close towards the bottom?
Actually no, it is a good 2 feet off the ground. But the front protector plate was removed in the picture so there is no problem....and the hks super sq has a drainage so there is no worry about water or dust......

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Boost

Dach said:
Glad that works for you Aero Ern. Make sure all the connections are nice and tight.

Go for a run, and do a pull from start or whichever. Do you see it in-gear longer, and holds boost longer as well?
Actually YES! It holds more boost, i installed it yesterday and today (guessing the ecu has learned it) you can actually feel more boost. Yesterday I measured my boost and i was pushing around 0.9 bar (13 psi) in 4th gear. Next week I will re-measure after installing my PPC. Im expecting around 1.3 bars (18.8 psi) according to BSR's info..........

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
C206Pilot said:
Wow! This is sweet! I wonder if the computer is fully accustomed to the new BOV, I think it takes averages over 200 miles for some parameters. Let us know how it does over the next few weeks.

WILL DO! I drove around 150 miles already and there has been nothing but a smile on my face.

Actually I can feel the turbo holding more boost.

·
Registered
943 Posts
That's great AeroErn. Enjoy it ;) I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am hoping that Turkey is using the UK T8 software, cause then, you'll be able to try out a whole lots more mods ;)

Cheers buddy!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Dach said:
That's great AeroErn. Enjoy it ;) I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am hoping that Turkey is using the UK T8 software, cause then, you'll be able to try out a whole lots more mods ;)

Cheers buddy!

The 2007 9-3 aero does not use t8. It uses Bosch engine management

·
Registered
943 Posts
Oops.. hehe sorry. boo boo. what I meant was that the UK parameters are more liberal. But bosch would probably also be more lenient.. but you're the first to have a go at it.

Congrats.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
twarner776 said:
What did they charge you to have the pipe made and install.

Travis

Here in Turkey, there are designated areas, like little towns called car industrial areas. You can find anything from a-z from body shop to to metal melters... Its a huge advantage....everything is so close..

I paid about 10$ for the custom pipe and I installed it myself.....I just needed help on determining where to place the bov..

NO PROBLEMS YET!!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Do you think a Greddy Type-S BOV would work as well as your hks? And would you have any recommendation for the 2.0T engines for placement and instalation?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
What did you do with the original DV on the turbo? I mean how did you disable it so that your new SSQV bov would work instead? IMO, the HKS Racing Type BOV performs better and holds boost even better. The SSQV is just built for sound.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
For some unknown reason, HKS BOVs sound like strangled parakeets....:lol: It's like nails on a chalkboard.

Its screams "WHEEEEE....listen to my ricey BOV!" from a block away.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts