SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stage 0 Vtuned 2.8 suffers from occasional boost spikes, mainly if I get the turbo going from around 2700 or less. They never seem like huge spikes, but occasionally big enough to hear the wastegate. I've got a do88 intercooler and open air intake, other than that everything is stock engine wise. Plugs and coils less than 5k ago. Doesn't seem to happen at launches of 3k or higher. Does anyone else experience this?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,907 Posts
Never happened in my NG 9-5 Aero with the VTuner either. Bigger turbo though so it might not be comparable, even though it was a 2.8 as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I didn't have this issue on my last tuned 2.8 (BCB stage 2). Not sure what's going on. On my last Saab too, the boost guage would always go up into the red as well and hold. Not on this tune. The needle only slightly goes into the red area, and when it does, it usually cuts back down. Will have to get intouch with the Vtuner team and get them some logs. Can anyone with Vtune comment on where there needle on the boost guage goes as well? Thanks.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Edit - to add on further, think the problem might not be boost spikes but boost cuts. Not sure if I'm even getting up to the boost I should be. Also wanna say that this isn't at WOT either.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I don't have that but I paid attention to it tonight and it goes all the way to the end of the third red hash mark under full throttle third gear and higher (basically all the way to the end of the marks)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts