SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an aftermarket exhaust available for the 2007 2.8t AERO that i am unable to find, or does it not exist yet?

Has anyone else made any kind of swap with the dual?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think any of the exhausts for the 2006 models will work for the 07's. Honestly though, I would just get some aftermarket mufflers, go to a muffler shop, and have them make one for you. Probably save you a few 100$.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats exactly what i'm looking for

would stage 1 make it more usefull considering the .5" gain in diametre?

anyone else from canada...not want anymore speed considering the new laws that seizes your car for during 50+

I have the speed chyme set at 145 km/h and i hit it just about everyday i think

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Towner said:
would stage 1 make it more useful considering the .5" gain in diametre?
I don't think the exhaust would make a difference for stage 1. And I think it's the downpipe you would need to change first if it did.

I think it would be far more economical to pick up two mufflers and have them installed by a local shop. These exhaust kits seem way overpriced compared to what some have paid for "custom" work.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts

·
Banned
631 Posts
hirsch one looks like it has a better design. and hitting 140km an hour. hmmm

as long as u dont live in Ontario. 50km over speed limit is loss of car and suspension of license. GG on your luck

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have seen the 3" downpipes for the 2.0's for sale, but nothing for the 2.8T anywhere. Any of the 2.8T SS owners here running the 3" downpipes?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
ctrlz said:
I don't think the exhaust would make a difference for stage 1. And I think it's the downpipe you would need to change first if it did.
Doesn't the Maptun exhaust come with a 3" downpipe and then it is 2.5" from the cat back? I agree that it is probably overkill from a performance perspective for a Stage 1 tune. However, if the primary goal of the purchaser is to proved a "sportier" sound, the Maptun exhaust may be the ticket. Does anyone have the Maptun installed and can comment on the difference in sound between the stock and Maptun?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
michaLcoughliN said:
hirsch one looks like it has a better design. and hitting 140km an hour. hmmm
The only drawback for the Hirsch product is that it doesn't come with a modified downpipe. The Maptun exhaust appears to have a 3" downpipe as part of the package.

·
Registered
943 Posts
07Aero said:
I have seen the 3" downpipes for the 2.0's for sale, but nothing for the 2.8T anywhere. Any of the 2.8T SS owners here running the 3" downpipes?
if you have a chance, take out your 2.8t downpipe. Its about 3-3.25" after the 1st CAT.
If I remember correctly, the 2.8t has got 2-3 CATs. 2 less restrictive and one more restrictive one. the 3rd one is the most restrictive. after downpipe, its about 2.75" instead of 2.5"

For the Saabs, its not the downpipe that is the bottle neck, its the CATs. plus the downpipe isn't that long. for the 2.8t, its the longest of all the 93SS. it goes all the way to somewhere at the flexipipe or something. can't remember. go under the car and take a look.

Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts