SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an 08 saab 9-3 2.8 with some coolant leaks just trying to figure out what this exact hose is, its at the back of the motor right behind the oil pan then leads all the way up into what looks to be a Tsplit.
Then on another thing im getting the P0411 code reading secondary air injection check valve just trying to see what can be done with that cause its a Sweden only part and apparently in a really difficult place to even get to

·
Registered
625 Posts
View attachment 280503 View attachment 280504 I got an 08 saab 9-3 2.8 with some coolant leaks just trying to figure out what this exact hose is, its at the back of the motor right behind the oil pan then leads all the way up into what looks to be a Tsplit.
Then on another thing im getting the P0411 code reading secondary air injection check valve just trying to see what can be done with that cause its a Sweden only part and apparently in a really difficult place to even get to
coolant leak,hose. Number 18

Here

as for the P0411, can you hear the pump turn on? On a cold engine, when it first starts should run for @30 seconds or so. Sounds like a small vacuum cleaner.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think im hearing any little vacuum, i just recently took it in to have the oil filter housing replaced and during that process they cracked the hose that goes to the check valve l, so i do believe the issue is the hose but i cant locate it to save my life

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what this guy went through is what im dealing with that post was so old i dont think ill get a reply i just need help to know exactly where that hose is.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I dont think im hearing any little vacuum, i just recently took it in to have the oil filter housing replaced and during that process they cracked the hose that goes to the check valve l, so i do believe the issue is the hose but i cant locate it to save my life
SAI system parts

either 18 or 23 depending on the year and if you have one or two check valves.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Are they underneath the turbo?
Yellow, check valve
Blue, the intake pipe for pump
Green, output from SAI pump
Purple arrow, shows where the SAI pump is located. On bottom of engine between the front engine mount and the oil cooler.
Your problems started after they replaced your oil filter housing?

with engine cold, sitting overnight, upon starting the car you can feel the pump running by putting your hand on the intake pipe (blue). Or you can remove the pipe from the intake pipe and feel for suction.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will definitely do that on my next cold start, this morning when i started her up i was actually touching the check valve and i could feel it running atleast i believe, and yes cel appeared after the oil filter housing replacement. They called me on the phone saying there was an issue and that they had noticed the pipe being brittle and having a crack in it. Hose #23 on the diagram they said is cracked near the bottom

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
coolant leak,hose. Number 18

Here

as for the P0411, can you hear the pump turn on? On a cold engine, when it first starts should run for @30 seconds or so. Sounds like a small vacuum cleaner.
Just wanted to touch back on this coolant leak, i got the heater hose thats all good now but maybe you can help me locate another small coolant leak.
It seems to be leaking from somewhere more towards the top but all i know for sure is it leaks off the oil filter housing

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yellow, check valve
Blue, the intake pipe for pump
Green, output from SAI pump
Purple arrow, shows where the SAI pump is located. On bottom of engine between the front engine mount and the oil cooler.
Your problems started after they replaced your oil filter housing?

with engine cold, sitting overnight, upon starting the car you can feel the pump running by putting your hand on the intake pipe (blue). Or you can remove the pipe from the intake pipe and feel for suction.
Ive got no suction from the blue hose and no blowing from the green hose, my pump is dead i guess?

·
Registered
625 Posts
If you are up to troubleshooting, you get Narrow it down a bit

I would check to make sure the relay is there
If so, I would remove it and check to see if you have power on pin 30 (should have 12vDC).
If so, use a heavy gauge wire, and jump pin 30 to pin 87. This should turn on the pump.
If not, then you need to break out the OHM meter and start taking measurements.
Let’s start with this, report results

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts