SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 9-3 Aero, 2008 9-3 Aero, 2009 2.0T XWD
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 wouldn't even buzz and the brake pedal was always hard at start up. I pulled a pump from a yard and now the problem is sorted. I have since pulled 4 or 5 more of these. I took my old one apart and it's just a cup with two magnets and coiled wire that spins a plate with little square like pieces in order to generate a vacuum. What actually falls on these? Surely they can be refurbished?

·
Registered
471 Posts
In my case, it was the motor brushes not making good contact with the armature.
I was able to clean the armature and refit the brushes. Worked fine after that.
I did look for new brushes and even emailed the manufacturer, I wasn’t able to find them.
I also found a OEM VW pump that is a direct fit, All that had to be done was to swap the relay (Black square box) from the old to the new. It was a good amount cheaper.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my case, it was the motor brushes not making good contact with the armature.
I was able to clean the armature and refit the brushes. Worked fine after that.
I did look for new brushes and even emailed the manufacturer, I wasn’t able to find them.
I also found a OEM VW pump that is a direct fit, All that had to be done was to swap the relay (Black square box) from the old to the new. It was a good amount cheaper.
Got the VW part number? I saw a Chrysler one that was very similar but never got around to digging it up.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I dropped $500 a while back for one, should've done more research.
I wouldn't blame your self, I looked into this myself and had no clue they were compatible! This should be a sticky somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts