SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of buying a 96 900 non turbo for 800 for an everyday car. i know stock there not very inpressive but its saves alot on insurance and gas compared to my 9-3. i was wondering if there was any performance mods for a 900 2.3 na? i know gs has an intake and bsr makes an exhaust but is there anything else or any sites that have bolt ons for this car?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
na im not doing anything crazy i just wanted to know if there are cams? pulleys? i wish someone made a header for it or atleast a flange so i could build my own, are the 2.0 turbo flanges the same as the 2.3 na?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have a -95 2.3i shop car that we have thrashed for a while. It has balance shafts deleted, light flywheel, intake pipe and rear muffler deleted. It is very fun. I am getting closer to sorting out the software to be able to adjust fueling and timing. Maybe up the rev limiter too. Once that is done we will whip up a quick header just to see. I have plenty of the head flanges they are the same as the turbo cars. If we get caught up here on shop projects I will get it on the dyno and swap some parts.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what did the lightweight flywheel do for the na? anything significant? would i be able to send you the computer to have it programmed based on what i have done to the car? what kind of numbers do you think i could get out of a 2.3 na?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Are you looking at an Auto box or manual? Big difference in economy and fun factor. Auto box will make you feel like you need to get out and push or Flintstone it when trying to merge into traffic. My 94 900s 5sp has intake mod (gets louder:) ), hotter coil, and I did a "back yard / head on" exhaust port polish. Not that it's fast, but it will break the tires loose in second from a float until you let off. I can edge ahead of stock se's off the line until I hit 3rd. It's just enough fun not to get board...... If you want fast... Turbo is the only way.....

·
Registered
803 Posts
Tweek's Turbos said:
How would a modded na car be so much better on gas than a 9-3 turbo to justify?
That's my question too.
And besides, if you have right foot tourettes, you'd use more gas than a turbo car anyways because you'd have to work it harder.

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
The 2.3 N/A is the most economic car in the 900 family; if driven with restraint, it can be a very frugal machine for its class.

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
boon94 said:
yea, i thought the whole point of the turbo was that the power was only there when you need it
But borderline undriveable when you don't :confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts