SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 9-3 base that lost oil pressure about a month ago & I had to have it towed to a garage. Turns out the oil pump screen was clogged. It had a small lifter tick before it lost oil pressure. I went to pick it up a week later and as soon as I started it I knew something was wrong with the cams, it sounded like one of lobes had been worn down. I asked the mechanic & he said that they looked fine to him when he had the valve cover off. He just offered to run some cleaner through it. I have been driving it ever since but the noise is really starting to get to me. My question is can I replace my stock cams with cams from a 2.3? I found a used set on ebay, and am trying to figure out if I can even go this route. My funds are currently limited due to previous purchase of the GS 3" downpipe before the loss of oil pressure & costs of the repair. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated! The car is my daily driver & I still have payments on it.

·
Registered
18,080 Posts
You should be able to get a set of proper cams here for very short money. If you can't find anyone in the for sale section (try a wanted advert), contact gryguy here: he likely has a set around. A set of T5 cams usually goes for $50, and people want those to tune engines; T7 cams should almost be a give away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts