SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering to buy a 9.5 AWD here in Sweden and I have both options a 2.0 and a 2.8. I am interested in reability and comsumption. Also is for towering so it is important towering capabilities.
Regards

·
Super Moderator
1,691 Posts
The 2.0 version is little bit more reliable, but both are solid platforms. Can’t say I’d consider either version a good ”tow” vehicle...

Reactions: darwinland

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
The only thing I've heard is the if you get the AWD version, which I THINK is only available with the 2.8, that can be a nightmare if it goes out...and it's prone to failure. Otherwise I think both the 2.0 and the 2.8 are proven engines. They're GM engines, but they're both pretty good from what I understand. I've heard from others that the 2.0 feels more nimble because it's lighter.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing I've heard is the if you get the AWD version, which I THINK is only available with the 2.8, that can be a nightmare if it goes out...and it's prone to failure. Otherwise I think both the 2.0 and the 2.8 are proven engines. They're GM engines, but they're both pretty good from what I understand. I've heard from others that the 2.0 feels more nimble because it's lighter.
Here in Sweden you can also get the AWD in 2.0. But what I have heard is that the e2.0 t is the old Saab engine, perhaps I am misstaken.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right is BioPower, but is the origina SAAB 4 cil or is a GM? I heard the base was the Saab engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts