SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you know, I have a Cobalt with a Saab 2.0 swapped into it.
It is supercharged.

My main question is whats my final limit with this motor.

Plan is a 2.7 pulley on E85
Should be around 16-17psi and 310whp.

At what point do the heads lift on this 2.0 B207R SS motor??
I've already been told the motor can handle 350-370 on stock with a good tune and not beating the hell out of it.

I'm at 274whp as is around 14psi. No issues thus far. Motor runs smooth.

Thanks,
Bratboy90

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Everyone here "lives" by the build book :/ so expect everyone to say ur pistons will melt @300hp.

In all seriousness, good luck breaking 300whp on the heaton only seen a few doing it through some awesome *** tuning.

Ps check out gmsportcompact.net. Full of the best minds when it comes to the ecotec

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Ps 2.7 will make more than 17psi. I was pushing 20psi on a 2.8".

·
Registered
105 Posts
Youll be lucky to push past 320 before it gets so weak its not economical.
Though its only really the pistons you need to worry about, there only £500 anyway!

Worth it for longevity

·
Registered
719 Posts
No lag?

Hi guys Im interested in the throttle responce on the saab engine with a supercharger.I would guess there is none or very little butcomments or better still some video would be intersesting for all us turbo guys,especially the bigger turbos as they are noted for lag. THANKD DAVE>

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
The OP has a supercharged B207R block installed in a cobalt running all supporting cobalt software and hardware. This isn't an example of a 9-3 running a supercharger. He's just asking about the capabilities of the engine, if you would like examples of supercharged cobalts I suggest youtube or the cobalt forums.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
don't think flow was the issue,

mods were:

2.8" smoothflow pulley
3" Fujita intake
dual pass endplate
dual core heat exchanger
option b tank
pacesetter header(1.75" primaries 3" collector)
catless 2.75" DP
2.5" exhaust

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Bratboy, you think you can post a pic of your exhaust manifold? Just curious..
what are you curious about? its a normal looking cobalt exhaust manifold, like any other.

exactly like this....

·
Registered
622 Posts
what are you curious about? its a normal looking cobalt exhaust manifold, like any other.

exactly like this....

Because Jn2, I used to have a supercharged TC and I was curious to see what kind he was running. Why do you care why I care? I picked up quite a few ponies by changing from a 4-1 long tube header to a 4-2-1.. then like all superchargers on the tc my shaft fried and I went turbo, but I guess I should be talking to the guy I was talking to. But thank you for your extraordinary picture..

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
he is running a pacesetter 4-1 header.(same model as mine) it has 1.75" primaries and a 3" collector, uses a ball and socket flange.

looks like this:

the dual pass set up he needs to run his 2.7" pulley would be routed like this
bottom and top hoses are see through and are the outlets, the black hose coming from the bottom to the center is the inlet to the manifold.

the intake he is using is the same as the black one in the following pic, the silver one is the 3" fujita intake(which i ran, technically both of those are mine, but i ditched the KnN for the fujita)

if you were to rip the whole SC system off the car, it will look like this(minus the option B tank as not everyone runs one, i had mine mounted on the ZZP bracket)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yeah that's the same type of header I was running on my Tc except I"d have to say my welds didn't look that ****ty.. You must be getting some serious ricer rasp with that thing on there huh? Why on earth would you spend all this money on your car and then not run an AEM filter? Spectre? The combustion process starts with the air, don't trust a Spectre filter when you can buy a universal AEM at advanced for like 60 if I remember. Your cobalt superchargers are just weird to me.. my TRD was a whole lot different.. Anyway thanks for the info I was just curious. And the 02 sensor on your car run right in to the collector instead of just running off of one cylinder.. hmm Anyway http://tinyurl.com/cm99tk9 is what i changed to on my tc after the 4-1 style.. anything like this for the ecotec

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
its a pacesetter header, one of the first to become available in the aftermarket world. welds might look fugly, but never cracked or leaked. as far as the filter, i personally didn't care much about it, had a KnN on it, Fuita, than the specter, MAF was reading the same amount of air. No biggie. the SC on the cobalt is a roots type SC made by eaton, it looks like every other OEM style supercharger, mounts to the intake manifold...the one on your TC was aftermarket which is why it would of looked different

Also that o2 sensor was he for the Innovate sideband gauge...the stock one is next to it though, you can see the little brone part making a 90* with the sideband sensor. thats the stock one. i know i now, should of prob swapped the 2 to keep the wideband at the preferred angle. But w/e...

·
Registered
622 Posts
Cool, been in a few sc ss's friends with a kid at college that had one. They're not bad cars at all. Only problem I have with them is the interior, but that's just based off of my experience with a buddy of mine's G5 and it just detiorated after 30k miles. AEMs are worth the price though they never wear out and you can take them from car to car for years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts