SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Sorry, WOT is "wide open throttle". Best way to do that is on the highway, 3rd gear, up a hill. Run WOT and see if you can hold it in the red zone without your issue occurring. Eventually you will hit fuel cut (the wall). But, if you can get that problem to go away, or not, it tells us some things we need to know.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I'm not sure what would cause a T5 car to intermittently hit fuel cut. Doesn't sound like TPS or BPC. It sounds like a mixture or maybe ignition problem to me.
A bad BPC could cause this. Hypothetical scenario is that it sticks in various places in the valve. That's the bounce. Eventually he hits fuel cut. Pressure drop at cut causes the BPCv and engine to drop back and work. Do it again, same scenario.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sorry, WOT is "wide open throttle". Best way to do that is on the highway, 3rd gear, up a hill. Run WOT and see if you can hold it in the red zone without your issue occurring. Eventually you will hit fuel cut (the wall). But, if you can get that problem to go away, or not, it tells us some things we need to know.
I'll upload the video tomorrow on Facebook.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
FYI - you can also clean the BPCv to see if that helps (the one with three hoses). Pull it off (careful with the hose nipples). The top pulls off. Clean the internals with carb cleaner. Dry. Reassemble.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts