SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for an Aero for about a month, but got lucky & ended up finding an '08 9-3 TurboX on ebay last night about 4 hours away from me. There were 7 bids, so I went ahead & did the Buy it Now & put down the deposit today. 46k miles, just under $16k black on black. looks great, VIN check is good, boyfriend talked to the seller for me, & one of the nice Saab guys on Facebook is going to look at it for me tomorrow! Makes me a little nervous buying a car online, but hopefully all is well & we're going to pick it up on Saturday, so I'm very excited! No more boring Hondas for me :) My boyfriend has an '03 9-3 Linear as his daily driver & now he wants to find one like mine to replace his other car! Will post pics when I get it!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Awesome, welcome to the world of SAABs. Take care of it and it will take care of you. Help is always here for you on the forum.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Congratulations and welcome. Nice car!

I'm a tad jelly. I'm in Australia and there's only about 25 TurboX cars floating around here, so they are hard to find.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I've been looking for an Aero for about a month, but got lucky & ended up finding an '08 9-3 TurboX on ebay last night about 4 hours away from me. There were 7 bids, so I went ahead & did the Buy it Now & put down the deposit today. 46k miles, just under $16k black on black. looks great, VIN check is good, boyfriend talked to the seller for me, & one of the nice Saab guys on Facebook is going to look at it for me tomorrow! Makes me a little nervous buying a car online, but hopefully all is well & we're going to pick it up on Saturday, so I'm very excited! No more boring Hondas for me :) My boyfriend has an '03 9-3 Linear as his daily driver & now he wants to find one like mine to replace his other car! Will post pics when I get it!
Can I have it when your done with it in a few years?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Great first Saab, pretty jealous here! Awesome price, too, at least for what I've been keeping an eye on. Hope it works out. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks

thanks, everyone has been so helpful already! i don't think i would've bought this one if it weren't for the Saab guys on Facebook who posted the ad & then gave me lots of good info. made me feel so much better about buying online. i know this one is very rare around here as well, i missed out on 2 Aeros in the last month due to not being able to go look at them fast enough so i had to jump on this one. my boyfriend is jealous & he has already said he wants this one when i'm ready for something else haha. i drive my cars for a while though...i'm 31 & this is only my 3rd. hopefully it will last a long time!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Great first Saab, pretty jealous here! Awesome price, too, at least for what I've been keeping an eye on. Hope it works out. :)
that is a phenomenal price, im jealous, Ive been looking for 4 months in the northeast and havent seen anything close.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Congrats on the TX. Put some pictures up when you get a chance!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pics

I picked up my car on Saturday & love it already! :) Bought it 4 hours from home so I've already done quite a bit of driving. It handles great through rain & on curvy roads. Even got to meet a few other Saab owners in the Dallas area. Hopefully, I uploaded these pics correctly. Seems like the owner took great care of it, it looks brand new inside & out!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Can I have it when your done with it in a few years?
I think her BF is waiting for it ;)

Welcome to SC, TA03. And congrats on your Turbo X ! The dark side of the Force is strong with that one ...... :cool:

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Now get Brian, rabbit or JZW to tack a 320 horse tune on top of that 280 and the grin factor will go up a tad along with about 3 more miles per gallon. :cheesy:

You can get more but that is the "basic" .. "stage 0 or stage 1".

What's that goofy insurance commercial for Progressive ... "about as happy as a body builder directing traffic" :cool:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Now get Brian, rabbit or JZW to tack a 320 horse tune on top of that 280 and the grin factor will go up a tad along with about 3 more miles per gallon. :cheesy:

You can get more but that is the "basic" .. "stage 0 or stage 1".

What's that goofy insurance commercial for Progressive ... "about as happy as a body builder directing traffic" :cool:
Was GEICO and fantastic commercial.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey everybody, TexasAggies is the better half of me. The car will be may daily one day... Glad she loves it, and I hope she keeps it stock, for the sake of my sanity (I've been bitten by the mod bug more than once, and I'm allergic, lol.) Ah, is there a built trans from anyone for it? I would like better shifting one day, the paddles just don't shift quick enough, and I don't want to shred the trans with a tune.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
babe, you just wish it will be your dd. you have your own Saab for that :) you'll have to find your own Aero or Turbo X!!

i don't plan to do anything to this car. i told him he was only allowed to change out the front yellow/orange lights & make them white lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts