SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,
Does anyone know what the output voltage of the subwoofer amplifier should be at the leads that connect to the 6.5 inch dual voice coil sub in the luggage area of my 99 wagon? I am getting around a pretty constant 16mV. I know this is probably wrong. The manual for the amp I am going to use says the speaker level inputs can handle from 3V to 26V, which, 16mV is nowhere near that. When I took out the little 6.5 inch sub, the foam surround is completely gone. Hopefully the amp in the car isn't smoked because of the baby DVC sub.
If there is also a wiring diagram out there with the color code for this system that someone could direct me to I would appreciate it.
The audio in the car is the stock 8 speaker version, with stock Pioneer head unit, and the speakers are Harmon Kardon.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
It's pretty easy to re-foam that speaker, I've done a few of them. Speakerworks.com has a surround that fits. The cone is polyethylene so it cleans up nice.

16mv (AC) is pretty much noise level, you wouldn't even hear it. Sounds like the same setup I have in my wagon. Pioneer AVIC head unit, stock Harman/Kardon amp and speakers.

you can get a wiring diagram in the WIS. you can find pointers on where to download in the Tech 2 forum

·
Registered
391 Posts

This is what you are after for audio system info.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

This is what you are after for audio system info.
Thanks Zane, that helped lot, have a great day

1 - 6 of 6 Posts