SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1999 SAAB 93 has a nonfunctioning rear divrs sid window. I took the panel off and found that the motor (regulator) still functions. However, the plastic piece that attaches to the rail is broken. Any ideas on whereo find this part. Naturally, the shop I go to said it will need a regulator replacement at $250+. Thanks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you're really crafty, and the plastic piece isn't too crazy, you could make it.

as for buying it, your plastic piece sounds like it's part of the regulator. What you also could do is go to a junk yard and pull one off a junked car.

·
Registered
536 Posts
No, that roller's for the front window.

The rears have that bogus plastic block that's locked onto the cable.

I haven't seen just the block for sale, but I haven't checked eBay either. I'd suggest looking there first. Otherwise, you're in for a new rear regulator from eEuro.

When the rear window on our '99 did the same thing, I just cut a piece of wood to length & propped the window in the closed position. That gave me some time to decide whether or not I wanted to spend the money.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Would you know if they use the same roller in the regulator for a conv?
I just replaced the DS rear in my 1999 and would be more they happy to send you the roller, for the price of the postage.
jim

·
Registered
73 Posts
The bad thing is, you don't get the part, you won't get it onto the rail I think, mine broke too, but I had the broken off piece and clicked it back into place. There is a metal clip which the 2 spring ends of the cables hook into, this metal clip then clips into the plastic piece that slides on the rail.

I was fortunate because there was enough of the plastic clip into which to screw 2 tiny metal screws, I then added a small metal strip onto the side through which the screws could get extra strength and mine works beautifully.

It can be fixed, if you are lucky. I did against all odds because I had to, en if you post some pics with all the parts, then maybe I can help.

Regards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts