SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few weeks ago I bought a 1999 Saab 9-3S with a near perfect body, and a blown motor. I bought the car from Andrews of Princeton for $400 since they were about to junk it. I always wanted to build a t5 9-3 and the coupe was just what I wanted.
Started working on it this week and made some pretty decent progress. Scored a few goodies I found on the car like a near brand new Sachs clutch and pressure plate, a brand new Bosch starter, and few other things.

The day I got the car.. had to dig it out of a snow bank. Thing was filthy.

Got it home and work begins..

Decided to pull the valve cover for ****s and giggles.. didn't appear too bad in there..

Separated transmission and pulled the motor out of the top like suggested by JZW.

Engine bay was filthy

Stripped accessories, about to put it on an engine stand.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pulled the head and the oil pan and found the problem. Engine failed due to oil starvation in cyl #4 from oil pump failure. Another motor taken out by sludge... :(

Broken connecting rod pulled.

Cylinder wall appears to be in good shape surprisingly..

Oil squirter or w/e you call it got smashed up a bit, I have another off of a b234 block I will be putting in. Small nick outside of the cylinder wall looks like I got pretty lucky, ran the block up to the local machine shop and they told me it'll be fine after a bore and hone! :)

Crank is utterly ruined, but that's fine since I picked up a b234 with a missing main cap from a guy locally. Will be using the b234 crank after it gets cleaned up, with the stock t5 b234 rods and Wossener pistons.

Well that's it for now plenty more to come! :cool:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Good to see a fellow Minnesotan on here! However, sad to see it looks like you're keeping it and not selling it to me! ha ;ol;

What turbo are you planning on running?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts