SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I have a 2001 9-5 SE and i'm thinking about buying a 1999 9-3 SE for parts, but I wanted to know would most of these parts be compatible?

What i'm looking to get from the 1999 9-3 SE to put into the 2001 9-5 SE

Window regulators ( pretty much all of them)
front left Suspension
Blend Door ( driver side)
Heated seat ( switch? or seat? not sure yet)
Rotors and brakes ( almost new on the 9-3)
Turbo (don't know why it's bigger in the 9-3 than my 9-5)

Thats it so far.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Hey guys so I have a 2001 9-5 SE and i'm thinking about buying a 1999 9-3 SE for parts, but I wanted to know would most of these parts be compatible?

What i'm looking to get from the 1999 9-3 SE to put into the 2001 9-5 SE

Window regulators ( pretty much all of them)
front left Suspension
Blend Door ( driver side)
Heated seat ( switch? or seat? not sure yet)
Rotors and brakes ( almost new on the 9-3)
Turbo (don't know why it's bigger in the 9-3 than my 9-5)

Thats it so far.
Not much of the parts can be used. If you can get a hold of a copy of EPC you would see that most of the parts aren't the same.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a copy of EPC 2006, but it's not working on this computer and I'm away from the car until june 30th. I was planning on how I was going to fix it.

Does anyone know what car models and years will be compatible?

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
9-5 is a lot different from 9-3. Most of the bits from 99-01 9-5 should be the same - 2002 saw a lot of changes.

Window reg - probably you just need rollers (cheap).
Suspension - I'd hate to use used parts here. ball joints/sway bar links are cheap. If you need struts, Monroe can be bought inexpensively on sale, and should be replaced in pairs side to side.
Blend door - the stop arm is a new, improved part and costs about six bucks if it's not broken yet. If it IS broken there are various DIY repairs that will make it better than new.
Brakes - used brakes? the most important safety bit? Not for me. eeuroparts or even local shop - brake parts are cheap as they are shared with Saturn L-series.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the reason i was thinking about the 1999 9-3 SE is because my friend was going to sell it to me, seeing how I fixed so much on it and he just didn't want the hassle anymore.

For my 9-5 i have the green rollers, it's the actual arm for the driver side and a small latch for the back two windows that are connected to the regulator arms.

The brakes and rotors are all new on the 9-3 because i installed them.

I need to find that DIY on the blend door, because it was a beotch to get through this winter with the heat pumping out of the passenger side and not the driver.

So i've decided to buy it and part it out for him. Take the trouble off of his hands, and who knows maybe help someone else out when they have problems with their 9-3.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
eeuroparts.com has a nice parts cross reference - look up a part and it will tell you what other cars it fits. So you could look up the 9-3 parts and see if they fit the 9-5.

Did you know that Saab 9-5 rear brake pads also fit all kinds of small BMWs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts