SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting a used block to get my 1999 9-5 wagon back up and running. (had a chunk of the piston break off and cause some significant scaring to one of the cylinder walls.) It's the B235E engine variant.

Somebody has a block from a 2000 9-5 Aero in my area.

Are the blocks interchangable? I'd be taking all of the good parts from the old engine and swapping them over to the 'new' block. So the only different part of the current engine set-up would be the actual block.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm looking at getting a used block to get my 1999 9-5 wagon back up and running. (had a chunk of the piston break off and cause some significant scaring to one of the cylinder walls.) It's the B235E engine variant.

Are the blocks interchangable? I'd be taking all of the good parts from the old engine and swapping them over to the 'new' block. So the only different part of the current engine set-up would be the actual block.
simple answer YES. these may help... 1st one is V6n the3 difference would be the clearance. (V6 is shorter)
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182327&highlight=swap&page=3
this might help too even though its 9-3 they have similarities.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214031&highlight=engine

·
Registered
277 Posts

I did this same thing... took a 2001 engine and stripped it down and put all the parts from a bad 1999 engine on it, put it back together and back into the '99. Piece of cake, and other than a set of TORX sockets, you can do it with a pretty basic set of tools.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts