SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1999 Saab 95 electrical functions will not turn off, the radio stays on and the chime beeps when the door is opened. The chiming stops when the door is closed but the radio will stay on indefinetly, even after you manually lock the door. The keyless entry stopped working at the same time, during the snow storm we had on Thursday.

Your help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
oh4my911 said:
My 1999 Saab 95 electrical functions will not turn off, the radio stays on and the chime beeps when the door is opened. The chiming stops when the door is closed but the radio will stay on indefinetly, even after you manually lock the door. The keyless entry stopped working at the same time, during the snow storm we had on Thursday.

Your help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Check to see if the center (silver part) of the switch is popping up after you pull the key. Mine started sticking and I could push it in and oit would pop out like it's supposed to. Might need to be cleaned and lubed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You that works, any suggestions on keyless entry

Thank You, that works, I have lubed the ignition switch, but have to whack the side of the chamber to get it to release and shut off.

Any suggestions on why the keyless entry no longer works? This failed at the same time, I checked and replaced the battery to no avail.

Thank You
Bill B

·
Registered
740 Posts
Check this thread

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115020

Most likely your remote stopped working because the car thought the key is still in ignition (barrel not popping up) and that disables the remote locking. After you hit it to come out it should work fine. Since you replaced the batteries, try pressing the "unluck" button several times in succession (folks say 5-6 times quickly) to match the key back to the car (sometimes happens when you replace remote batteries). Just make sure your barrel is NOT stuck down when you do that. The chime you hear when you open the door is to remind you that you left the key in ignition...

Hope that helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your post, I just went out to my car, made sure the barrell part of the ignition cylinder was up / released (no chiming) and hit my remote numerous times to no avail. Any additional help / suggestions /tips are appreciated.

Regards
Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE, Thanks to all for your wealth of knowledge and HELP. Today when I got in my car, I got the "replace battery" message, which I did, and then hit the open door key numerous times until it responded.

Everything is working, I appreciate all your posts and help.

Bill B

1 - 6 of 6 Posts