SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had an issue with the alarm on my 1999 9-5. (I just recently retired it and picked up a 2010 9-3). I changed the battery on the box located in the drivers side fender. It is pretty easy to get to and the box disconnects via the harness (use a small flat head screw driver and VERY GENTLY pry it back). You can open the box and change to the battery, but you will have to desolder the old battery out. I changed the battery and a few months later I had the same issue with the alarm going off. I wind up leaving the box out entirely. Your alarm light will still flash as it is armed, but you will have the clear the SID alarm warning every time you start the car.

It sounds like you could have 2 issues regarding your car not starting. It could be your DIC Cassette or your fuel pump. The fuel pump is located under your rear seat and you need to be careful when you change it since it sits directly in your gas tank. I would have the fault codes read with a Tech 2 or a OBD II reader to check it out.

I hope this helps you out

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.