SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
All of that is understood - but unplugging a connector can't short anything. The connectors are specifically designed to prevent exactly that. There is nothing else in the area that one could reasonably brush or damage unplugging the connector to the alarm module. Remove the fender liner, the two nuts holding the module bracket to the car, withdraw the module, pry/slide the lock open, remove the connector. That's all this operation should entail.

That's why we just really want to be sure you've unplugged the right thing, and only the right thing. Alarm modules have been disconnected hundreds of times, and this is a new phenomenon. :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
All of that is understood - but unplugging a connector can't short anything. The connectors are specifically designed to prevent exactly that. There is nothing else in the area that one could reasonably brush or damage unplugging the connector to the alarm module. Remove the fender liner, the two nuts holding the module bracket to the car, withdraw the module, pry/slide the lock open, remove the connector. That's all this operation should entail.

That's why we just really want to be sure you've unplugged the right thing, and only the right thing. Alarm modules have been disconnected hundreds of times, and this is a new phenomenon. :)
Probably did not add as I have been doing so much communicatin' electronically... when I was wresting the plug out of the mod, it was not cooperating. Hand ended up slipping and pulled the wires out. I trust I crossed them then. Only logical explanation.

Finally did contact the closest Saab mech and he said bring it by. Only 45 miles. Beats 101 miles, or farther.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Okay, that's an important detail. I would download WIS and inspect the wiring diagrams to see what's upstream of those wires. You may find it's a simple fuse. You could also find that one thing got melted to another thing.

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
Did you check the fusebox in the passenger compartment (open drivers door, end of dash)? Check Fuse # 35. It supplies the power for the alarm siren as well as the DICE and TWICE. You could have shorted that. Loss of either DICE or TWICE could cause your issues. Also check Fuse # 25.

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
Just wanted to get back to this thread with an update... the MY 2000 also has the screw type box. I found a '99 but the case screws were rusted right into the plastic. They didn't come out even with some soak time over a couple days... so I went back and I found a 2000 and it had the screw type case too.

Mine has gone back to working after I made it mad with all my antenna upgrade testing, but I still want to rebuild. I've had the 2AM wake up call with one of these before... not pleasant.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts