SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
9,734 Posts
The NG900 just has a little horn in the fender, like a junior version of the regular horn that you honk with the steering wheel. There's no electronic siren module.

·
Registered
7,169 Posts
Here in Europe, you can find battery backup siren (optional) in ng900 also.
You can not use 9-3/9-5 siren to ng900 (or 9000).

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah... the "alarm" is literally just that... a noisemaker. All the other "alarm features" (locking, immobilizer, etc.) are handled elsewhere. It's a battery backed-up noisemaker!
Ops... so, having a challenge getting to the not so local Saab mechanic. Took liberty of disconnecting it and yep, SID error. And the locking mechanism. And radio. And turning signals. All disabled now. Is getting dark so will have to come at it tmrw in daylight... but if I get in there and reconnect the module, will there be consequences? Or am I now looking at a Tech-2 whole thing to reprogram it to the car?

At least I am learning a new thing. That second bolt to get the module out is a PITA aye?

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
AFAIK that shouldn't happen. I've never had anything stop working when unplugging the module for service. It shouldn't break anything. Are you certain you unplugged the right things? Little black box in the left front wheel well?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
AFAIK that shouldn't happen. I've never had anything stop working when unplugging the module for service. It shouldn't break anything. Are you certain you unplugged the right things? Little black box in the left front wheel well?
Ya, unfortunately door locks, radio, turn signals... all now not working.

If I replug the module back in tho, could it, should everything come back to life other than perhaps failing sec alarm batteries?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Also... while unplugging the module, there were additional wires around the mix. Could I have disrupted a cluster in the vicinity? I will get my snake/scope and explore.. but trying to get some advance info before I muck things up even more. My fault.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Something really seems wrong - there should be no other wiring in there except for two small wires to the side marker.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Something really seems wrong - there should be no other wiring in there except for two small wires to the side marker.
Yeah. Am bummed. Just two wires, disconnected... 1/2 hell breaks loose. Sigh. Then on top of that, the next closest Saab shop, Denver, has closed its doors until they find according to their web site, a new space. So my thin options get thinner...

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
I don
Yeah. Am bummed. Just two wires, disconnected... 1/2 hell breaks loose. Sigh. Then on top of that, the next closest Saab shop, Denver, has closed its doors until they find according to their web site, a new space. So my thin options get thinner...
Should be ONE connector with three wires in it for the alarm.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I don

Should be ONE connector with three wires in it for the alarm.
Tx for the reply.

Question, possible I could have shorted something via messing in this area? Started to wonder if I blew a fuse that manages the several devices that went kapluey. Will check fuses when I get my mitts on it in a day or two. As mentioned in prior message.. I do appreciate the brain power on this.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Anything is possible, but the concern here is that there just isn't anything where the alarm module is in the first place... There should not be an opportunity for that. It's a black box all by itself with a single connector on it... Nothing else in or near the area.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Anything is possible, but the concern here is that there just isn't anything where the alarm module is in the first place... There should not be an opportunity for that. It's a black box all by itself with a single connector on it... Nothing else in or near the area.
Thank you for the reply. Actually dipped in and out of dreams during the nite, wondering if I shorted something out. Checking that when I get to it later today.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Studying now... but is there a 'master' fuse that controls radio, turn signals, instrument cluster? Dunno what else is out until I get to it. Can easily check fuses in the main box, but I am not familiar with the entire layout so thought to ask.. tx

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Not that I am aware of.
Ok, thankx for continuing to brain storm. I have now moved to contacting Saab shops within 100 miles and figuring out what next. Moving it out of the DIY stage.

One speculated the problem may have moved to a security module 'brain' under the driver's seat. I am wondering if I crossed wires, hence their without eyes on it guess. Good guess methinks.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
DICE is the thing that ties most of that together, but again, unplugging the alarm module should not - and really cannot - cause damage to the DICE.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
DICE is the thing that ties most of that together, but again, unplugging the alarm module should not - and really cannot - cause damage to the DICE.
From my growing understanding yes, agree.

Problem is when I disconnected the sec module, the radio, door locks, trunk lock, turn signals, instrument cluster light, and not sure what else, all have failed. So the speculation was that I perhaps shorted something causing it to reverb back to the DICE unit which appears to control aka influence these things. All speculation of course. But as mentioned, am now out of the DIY stage and spiriting the car to a Saab shop albiet 90 miles away. Oh well... I appreciate the idea tho. I do a ton of other DIY stuff on my Saabs. The Saab in question is not mine, but a parent.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts