SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I need help deciding what to do about my door speakers. I'm relatively new to car modding, so any advice is appreciated.
A couple months ago I replaced the factory door speakers with a pair of Boss CH6530, and the rear speakers with a pair of Scosche HD6903A. I know they're not the best quality, but I'm ballin' on a budget.
After about three weeks the door speakers stopped working. I tried hooking up the old speakers to see if the new ones had blown, but those didn't put out any sound either.
Now I'm wondering if I need to replace the amp and radio, or if there is some other way of fixing the problem.
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've just gone through updating my speakers as well, but haven't had this issue with the door speakers.

Sorry if you've done your research and I'm telling you something you already know. The door speakers are driven by an amp that's behind the dash kick panel on the passenger side. A cable from the back of the headunit leads to the amp.

The amp likely (not 100% sure) has it's own fuse(s) so if there's no sound from it, I'd check for fuses first on the amp and in the fusebox.

Then I'd check the connection with the head unit. It's a round cable with pins in the connector that may have come loose if you were moving things around during your install.

The door speakers were originally woofers and provide the bass on the SE model, so unless you're sure that the speaker connections couldn't come loose, maybe you could check those. Depending on what you listen to and how they were connected, I guess it's not entire impossible that they came loose due to vibrations? Likely rare that both would come loose so I'd try the fuses and head unit connection first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts