SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Just picked up a 1999 2.0T 9-3.
It comes with a pair of remote fobs. One worked the other didn't. No warnings on the SID about low battery but I changed the battery all the same.
The books say press the 'unlock' 4 or 5 times to sync the remote but it doesn't.
Ok, could merely be a faulty fob.
I do have another fob from a different 9-3 that I know worked on that car.
So..........thinks, I will sync that remote to the car so I will have a matched pair.

Any ideas how to do this ?
Obviously pressing the 'unlock' 4 or 5 times won't do it, not much security there :)

So any ideas on the seemingly dead fob or regarding rematching the additional one would be great

ta

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Someone with a Tech-II needs to add the other fob. If pressing the fob near a car would let you open the car with that fob, there wouldn't be any security.

There's a way on the 9-3s to display all the equipped fobs on the SID. You might try looking in the owners manual or doing a site search.

If you decide to get the other fob programmed, take all of the fobs with you to make sure they work after programming. Also, since you really only have one working fob at the moment, don't lock the car with it, because if it fails or you loose it, it'd going to cost lots ($1-k or so) to fix... Ron

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Ro

Thanks for that, it is rather what I guess. Wonder what is wrong with the dead one .
I cannot see any mention in the book about fobs and the SID beyond the fact it will flash up if the battery is low. Doesn't at present but I guess that is because one works perfectly.

Just re read the manual :)
SID advises me there are 4 remotes/2 transponders. Wonder where thye other 2 fobs are !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts