SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys first wanna thank you for all the great info shared here and for saving me huge bucks on repairs!! Im a saab fanatic and im not wealthy by any means and the forum allows me to do my own work and afford it...for now :)
So looking through the instrument panel fuse i found that 30a number 26 was awol looked in the manual and it says its engine control, ignition cassette and something else. I havent had any problems i know of for the year i have owned the car. Should i just leave the fuse out? would it harm the car to have it in? a little confused any help would be appreciated! Once again thanks for being wonderful saab people so i dont end up with a saab story:(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fuse 26

Honestly the car just is not boosting pass yellow I have a feeling its the BCV but not quite sure its only been doing that for the last month or so. Other than that the car gets tired after a long day IE: gas feels hard to push acceleration drops a bit. I plugged the fuse in the panel and havent noticed any difference figure i keep it in for now. My 99 manual calls for that fuse the ones that are not needed are listed but make sense why there not there example my rear seat are not heated fuse is missing... So i guess to the issue at hand yellow boost after reading hundreds of posts i want to try the wastegate line mod to see if i get full boost if you have any pics just to guide my noob hand to were I need to be thats the only thing that is hard to find on the forum.
Fuse 26 in my car is not the heated seats its listed epc engine ecu on the instrument panel listing must be different in the older 900.
Once again all the thanks in the world for the help.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
In the APC/Turbo gauge the first white section is when the engine has a vacuum, the yellow section is when there is boost, and the red section means there is over boost. The needle should almost never go into the red.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok i was wondering i have been trying to find youtube videos to watch the cars RPM in comparison to were the boost level was but its hard to find specific model matches. Also when i turn the key over twice not turning on the car the needle raises right below the gap between white and yellow... I would like to put an aftermarket gauge on but have not had the money. The only thing that concerns me is when you punch it and the boost gauge only goes to mid yellow its flutters there as if its not getting what it needs and the acceleration drops like your galloping on a horse. The other thing is the transmission shifts kinda hard from first to second from second to third then its smooth as eggs. I just realized i could sit here all day and describe in detail about 8 things im stumped on. But start small i suppose. The BCV was humming electrically when i turned the key over with engine still not running is that normal or indication that something is not turning on correctly with that unit. Sorry for the long posts:(

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
The needle going between the white and yellow when the car is on but not running is correct (at that point the engine is neither drawing a vacuum or being provided boost by the turbo).
Try disconnecting the hose from the W connection on the BPC valve, if you then take it for a drive and it boosts into the red and hits fuel cut, consider replacing/cleaning the BPC valve, if it doesn't check the intake tract for leaks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im assuming the waistegate is the top hose working in order from the air filter towards the battery so do i just unplug it dont plug the valve that i just removed?
The intake is clean no leaks there my indy is as stumped as me he reffers me to the knowledge here:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
forgive the noob level i just wanna make sure i dont mess the engine up the only line that is labeled on the sylicone tube it has a C or possible a faint G but the other two hoses are not labeled. the wastegate actuator i have no idea what it looks like... Im new to the saab scene and it doesnt look like my subaru under the hood..

·
Registered
742 Posts
The order of the pipes is C W R. (R being at the body end of the APC valve) C goes to the turbo housing, W goes to the wastegate and R is the reference that goes to the intake pipe. These labels are embossed on the valve ports as well as the pipes.

The dash gauge isn't the most accurate thing in the world so there is some variability. A standard car shouldn't enter the red zone, but should get at least 2/3rds into the yellow possibly to the end. A stage 1 car will enter the red section to about half way and then fall back to the yellow section at higher rpms.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Goodness Gracious i love this forum i would be sooooo lost without it thanks for all the good knowledge after some digging found a diagram as well going to test the BCV make sure its good if not ill have the boost pressure tested just dont want to go 50 miles to my nearest saab repair guy.. Thanks again guys ill post back end of the week when i get this figured out... Till the next time have fun cruising around boys!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts