SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I almost have my 9-3 clutch back together after working on the clutch replacement with a shady mobile mechanic and after driving it around a bit my clutch pedal went to the floor. After checking it out I've realized the idiot mobile mechanic did not replace the bleeder block retaining ring or pin that connects it to the slave cylinder line. After taking a look around the shop I think I've found the ring that's supposed to hold it into place but its having a hard time engaging with the male end of the slave line. The ring seems to fit around the block and into the two slots but every time I think its on, I bleed the system and press on the pedal and it pops right back off. When I press it down onto the connection it pops into place nicely and is hard to pull back off so I think its in the right spot but if there are any suggestions on how to get it to fit or maybe pic/link to a website showing the ring to make sure I have the correct one, that would be helpful. My thought was if it won't go back into place, I could always use my aircraft safety wire and tool and create a tight connection between the two pieces holding it down into place. Any help or suggestions is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
18,378 Posts
Is the clip seating all the way? Mine had the same issue and it was that the clip was really not seating fully... although since I had a spare at the time that was just swapped in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It appears to be seating but when I flip the bleeding block over and test seating it to see if its actually going into the slots, it will sometimes seat and sometime won't. Feels a bit sticky (Maybe some WD-40 here). I might try and compress the clip in a vise slightly to get it to seat better on its own, it feels and looks like it could be a bit wide set currently. How'd you happen to get a spare? I can't find anything online about them and the local pick n pull doesnt have any saabs ...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Success: The retaining clip that was left behind by my shitty mobile mechanic ended up being for something completely unrelated. I purchased a new clip and after putting it on the bleeder block kept popping off even though the clip seemed to have seated correctly. After many frustrating unsuccessful attempts to make it seat right i decided to try and take the hydraulic line off the bleeder block going to the upper section for better access and visibility. It wouldn't budge but as I tried to crank on this the connection below started to bend. After taking a closer look the bleeder block was now flush with the base of the plastic connection. My belief is that the mechanic had taken this line off prior and torqued it back down and it bent therefore now not letting the clip seat perfectly perpendicular to the base. After trying the process over again it now seems to hold pressure nicely and is no longer popping off as soon as I press down on the pedal. I'm going to call this a win and hopefully it didn't warp/bends/breaks too badly that it blows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts