SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

hopefully someone can help me sort this problem out. I have a 1998 Saab 900s with about 280k on it. one day it just started making a buzzing noise from under the dash and died. The RPMs went haywire, bouncing back and forth. I figured it wasn't getting fuel, so I replaced the fuel pump relay AND the fuel pump, along with the fuel filter, evap purge valve, throttle position sensor, and the crank position sensor. battery is good, all my grounds in the engine bay are good. So, after all the trouble, it started last week and ran, quite well, actually. I took it for a spin and when I got back it was smoking from under the hood. the starter was toast, and I can't figure out why it just blew like that. It is still making the buzzing sound, and won't even crank right now. If anyone has ideas, please let me know, because right now I'm almost out of options. thanks!

_Erik

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
If the starter was smoking, I suspect that the ignition key was stuck in the Start position and didn't stop the starter from spinning. It only takes 20-30 seconds of cranking to overheat the starter... Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.