SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have ran into some trouble fitting some Pyle 6.5 mid bass drivers into the stock speaker baffle/baskets. Has anybody ran into this problem before? I would like to keep these baffles in use or use baffles and spacers to keep the same type of setup.

If possible I would like to avoid cutting new mounts out of wood.
Thanks,
Riley

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem was that I could not get the speaker to mount flush with the stock spacer. I solved the problem by ordering brackets from crutchfield that are meant for the car.

I returned the Pyle speakers and ordered MTX components to use the woofer in my door and the adapter came free with the speakers because crutchfield is awesome at customer service!

Problem should be solved but I will hit this up again if it fails to solve the issue.
Thanks.

·
Registered
806 Posts
The stock spacer/bracket has a raised lip around the outer edge on the front face that interfered with the mounting flange on my aftermarket woofers. I just trimmed it off with a hacksaw so that the front face of the spacer/bracket was flat.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed!!!!

Just a little update.
The MTX terminators came in and fit perfectly in the stock speaker baffle/spacer.
It was purely beautiful, they are perfect speakers for a direct replacement.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will 8-9cm long speakers fit in door?
I haven't officially measured but I don't believe that they would fit if you are referring to depth. Also it depends if you have the door speakers with the brackets already in them or if you are just installing speakers without them previously being there. I believe that the depth with the speaker bracket/baffle is slightly under 3" or about 7cm? This is just a guess of course

1 - 10 of 10 Posts