SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening!

I'm semi new to saabs as you know. I'm not sure if my ACC is shot, or if I'm not using properly. It seems the temp sensor that is near the seat heater button is buzzing and making noise. I searched some threads here, and have seen a few names for this. what is the actually name? is it a fan control sensor, or is this the temp sensor fan??

So usually when i start the car, the system seems to default to "HI" and fans blasting, regardless if i turn it off or the settings i had it on when i turned the car off. When i turn the the temp all the way down, it says low, but air doesn't seem to get cold. How do i engage AC? or is it all auto? Also, temp seems to go up to 83, and after 83 it goes to HI. is this how it works? Also i saw somewhere about error codes for AC. Would this trigger a dash light as well or no?

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
1: Remove ACC panel.
2: Remove sensor grille (pull out)
3: Push securing tabs together and push sensor in dash.
4: Unhok sensor connector and remove sensor.

Clean it and lubricate with 1 drop of oil in each end of propeller shaft. Make sure that you do not lubricate sensor itself.
Clean gille.

Connect connector to sensor and test it.Put it back and get beer.

·
Registered
18,379 Posts
Aside from your operational problems, what the ACC does when you shut the car off and restart it is programmable. It's in the manual... google for it if you don't have one. It will not use the programming if the car is off for less than ten minutes, it should resume the last settings. Keep in mind that if it's on "Auto" it will quickly make a decision on what changes are needed.

Once you have the fan cleaned, you can re-calibrate the ACC and check for error codes by pressing AUTO and OFF with the engine running and holding them for a moment, then releasing. You should see it run through the procedure. If an error is detected it will display a code at the end. http://saabworld.net/showthread.php?t=28199

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey there, thank you again! I lubed the fan and cleaned everything out. Looks like someone had this apart and didn't assemble things in center console back together. I snugged everything up. Now the unit is whisper quiet. I recalibrate unit. It displayed 0, and cycled through calibration, then displayed High with fans on blast (Last setting i had it on). No error codes. So all seems well with that. Not sure if AC works, thats something to tackle in the spring I suppose. I also fixed the passenger seat and the short on that.

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
With regards to the AC, the ACC will use it has it sees fit unless you have the Econ mode engaged in which case it wont be used. You can program the system so it is less reliant on the AC system in colder weather, the manual should cover that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts