SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm new to the forum so sorry if this is already out there somewhere, but I haven't found it yet...
Anyways, I have a 1997 Saab 900S with a 2.3 non turbo and it has been throwing a camshaft position sensor check engine code. I've been looking EVERYWHERE and can not find a camshaft position sensor for the 2.3 non turbo, only crankshaft position sensor.
Now, my car is throwing codes for camshaft, crankshaft, and throttle position sensors. At the moment I'm most concerned with finding the camshaft position sensor, because apparently that could cause the other two codes to come up. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas where I can find the camshaft position sensor at?

Thanks! ;ol;

·
Registered
273 Posts
camshaft sensor

It is inside the distributor. You have to take it apart to get to it. Cannot find a website at the moment where it is all explained with SUPER nice photos. The guy really did rebuild his distributor with LOVE!. I'll look tomorrow and post it.

You can look at this for a background till I find the site referenced above. Get a used one, but it might leak oil through the seal. Best:p

·
Registered
10,151 Posts
Hey, I'm new to the forum so sorry if this is already out there somewhere, but I haven't found it yet...
Anyways, I have a 1997 Saab 900S with a 2.3 non turbo and it has been throwing a camshaft position sensor check engine code. I've been looking EVERYWHERE and can not find a camshaft position sensor for the 2.3 non turbo, only crankshaft position sensor.
Now, my car is throwing codes for camshaft, crankshaft, and throttle position sensors. At the moment I'm most concerned with finding the camshaft position sensor, because apparently that could cause the other two codes to come up. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas where I can find the camshaft position sensor at?
As others have said, it's in the distributor. Despite thorough cleaning of the distributor (oil gets in there), and resetting the check engine light, it kept throwing the code after about half an hour of driving. I replaced the distributor with a good-looking junkyard one and code has been gone for half a year.

I wasn't getting those other codes you mention, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts