or

a 2003 9-3 2.0 T

with intake
and new muffler

who do you think will win this battle?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
In a street race it's whoever can recklessly endanger the life of himself and others the most who will most likely win. On a closed racetrack/road you should win as you have more boost and he has a stock setup (intake will make more noise but 0hp)

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Sure but the stock intake IS a good intake - it's not restrictive and thus even in theory making it flow better has no effect on anything except to make it louder.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have to disagree simply because I find it difficult to believe the oem intake inlet pipe being such a small diameter will flow better than an aftermarket 3" pipe. Also, the stock intake to turbo "crinkle" tube will not have laminar flow compared to a smooth 3" pipe.
Gains may be minimal but I doubt they are "0"

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
A smaller intake pipe creates higher air velocity which actualy helps spoolup and low end power. Think about holding your finger over the end of a hosepipe - the flow is the same but the velocity is increased. Saab made it a certain size for a reason - they would have absolutley nothing to gain by creating a restrictive intake and are quite capable of designing an efficeint free flowing and quiet intake. If your theory holds true then surley a 5" or 10" intake is all we need to create more power?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Drew'sSaab said:
what u guy think on this race...

me in the 1997 900se turbo

mods:

Intake
MBC set to fuel cut (15lbs)
Resonator back exhaust 2.5 inch with no resonator

or

a 2003 9-3 2.0 T

with intake
and new muffler

who do you think will win this battle?

how about u set me up with him:cheesy:
i need more videos

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don't feel that's as important on a forced induction vehicle as it is on a naturally aspirated one. The turbo is creating a fair amount of suction and keeps the air traveling at high velocity particularly under boost.
There should be plenty of velocity with an internally smooth 3" pipe and much less restriction.

Someone would just have to dyno the two setups on the same vehicle and change nothing else.

It's much easier to drink a milkshake through a large diameter straw than a small narrow one.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
If you are talking an 03 9-3ss the intake is probably thowing codes left and right. If its not in limp home mode, the car probably has a ppc or something else going on with it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you can have him after im done with him tolga...

and no i saw his car and he set up the intake wierd...its just a cone...its not even a full intake...and he said he gets codes from time to time...but he has no tune or ppc or anything....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts