SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick run down just bought this one owner 73k mile car hasn’t really been driven regularly in 3 yrs just to keep running replaced battery right away drove home 3 hours ran perfect next day drove to gym and it would start when I got back in.Towed it home did a lil testing and wasn’t getting and power to fuel pump jumped a fuse and it kicked on so I ordered new Bosch cps.Still nothing will turn over but won’t start didn’t really notice lost power windows and dash lights tested ignition switch and replaced it got everything back still won’t start!!!Still no power at fuse for fuel pump on its on can jump from another fuse and it will power fuel pump on.Had dead battery in key fob that wasn’t working replaced them can alarm and disarm now Still won’t start!!Please help

· Registered
20,543 Posts
I've got no idea what your conditions are from that rambling post... are you saying that at this point everything else works normally except that the fuel pump circuit has no power at the fuse box?

Some basic questions:
- Have you checked the fuel pump fuse to make sure it's good?
-Do you have a DVM to measure power and are you checking on the "hot" side of the fuse holder?
-Try the universal reset of disconnecting the battery negative cable, stepping on the brake a couple times to discharge the system, and hooking it back up again. See if that helps.
-Try locking the car with the remote then unlocking it. See if that helps.
-What is the LED on the dashboard doing?

· Registered
15,461 Posts
Hi and welcome.
You said that you do not have working fob.
IMMO is ON and you can not start car without working fob.
If you have only 1 fob (/which is not working any more), you need to change alarm box with working fobs.
You CAN NOT add any fobs to alarm box which have IMMO on.

· Registered
20,543 Posts
Hi and welcome.
You said that you do not have working fob.
IMMO is ON and you can not start car without working fob.
If you have only 1 fob (/which is not working any more), you need to change alarm box with working fobs.
You CAN NOT add any fobs to alarm box which have IMMO on.
Mimmi: He did say he was able to lock/unlock with the FOB. I suggested he try again.

Shouldn't IMMO shut off when it unlocks? Or can it stay on? Also, doesn't it stop cranking with a NG900? Or will it cut fuel power?

I don't remember many of the details of the 900 antitheft. Only that if you lock it with the fob, you have to unlock it with the fob.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I do seem to have power on everything after changing ignition switch except at fuel pump fuse.I have swapped the fuses and swapped around the relays no changes there.I have tried the locking and unlocking the led is off on dashboard.I only have the one key and fob it is working great.Could it be something related to the Immo

· Registered
15,461 Posts
Remember that IMMO will be ON after delay (30-300 sec) after you remove key from ignition lock. Steering lock do not affect this delay at all.
IMMO will be OFF 30-300 sec after unlock doors with remote and reconnects back after this delay time regardless locking.
IMMO prevents Trionic5 (which this car has) to power fuel pump relay.

Have you double checked that fuel pump relay engages?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know as of now when I turn it over fuel pump will not come on there’s no power at that fuse I can place a jumper wire from another hot fuse to give the fuel pump power it will kick on but still won’t start

· Registered
410 Posts
16B and 32 are powered from the main relay underneath the dash near the steering column. Power to 16B comes directly from this relay; Power to 32 comes from the fuel pump relay which is powered by this main relay. Operation of this relay is controlled by ECU. I would check main relay or replace with known good one. If still no go, ECU is tied to immobiliser by multiple inputs and may be preventing operation of main relay.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts