SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Giday,

It would appear that I have a loose door locking mechanism in my drivers front door.
When I trigger the remote key, the door locks but I hear a loose wire hit the inside panel of the door skin, close to the door latch.

I had a look at it some time ago, when I though I fixed it, by removing the inside panel and locating what would appear to be a long wire that stretches up from the top of the door locking mechanisn to somewhere near the top of the door. Where the hook at the top of the wire attaches to I dont know.

Can anybody assist with pictures of the door locking mechanism, or the inside mechanics of the door so that I can attempt the fix it again.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Jason

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
900 S 5dr door lock

Giday,

Thanks to both Diosnoche and Pete for forwarding great assistance.

My only problem is that when I'm trying to attach the wire, I'm flying blind as I'm using the old hand and feel attach process.

Regarding the information provided by the gents above, I can not determine how wires part numbered 17 and 18 attach to 25. Such is life.

It would appear that I may need to remove the whole mechanism from the door to see what is actually happening, and how the top of the wire attaches to part number 25. I've had experience with door locks before in other cars and when you remove them from within the door sometimes they fall apart and instead of just addressing one wire linkage, you end up having to either re-connect another 10 linkages from where ever, of which I end up driving it to the Mr Saab fix it shop and paying through the nose.

My next trick will be the use of a long mirror and LCD torch to try and see whats happening in there while its fixed to the door.

I really dont know how it came undone in the first place.

Thanks again to all.
Great assistance

cheers
jas

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
The WIS talks about using gloves, and removing "clips" that hold the pull bars. With any luck someone who has done this can give better directions. My guess is that you have to remove the inside door panels to get a good look.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
900 s Door Lock

Thanks PMI,

Correct. I have removed the door panel, and plastic skin so that I can get my hand inside the door to reach up high in the corner to locate the wire. But unfortunately, I cant see the wire nor where it should be attached, by hook, or through a hole or whether there was a clip that has broken or otherwise.

I think its might require a breakdown and removal of the whole mechanism to fix it.

Cheers
Jason

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
PMI said:
The WIS talks about using gloves, and removing "clips" that hold the pull bars. With any luck someone who has done this can give better directions. My guess is that you have to remove the inside door panels to get a good look.
A clip must have broke and the pieces are on the very bottom of the door, probably very hard to find...
I believe the rod(either 17 or 18) connects the power lock solenoid to the locking mechanism.
Why are two shown ?
There is also a micro-switch activated by the lock levers..
I'd be willing to say that one can pull all of the mechanism out of the door in minutes and then see what makes it tick..
Before succumbing to this drastic step, have a helper work the electric doorlocks.....this may give a "how-to" demo if, with a system of mirrors and LED lights you can see what is occuring...

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
jasonM said:
...I can get my hand inside the door to reach up high in the corner to locate the wire. But unfortunately, I cant see the wire nor where it should be attached...
ok, understood

I looked at the WIS again, and I don't see an obvious answer. It talks about clips, and detaching the wires and pull bars but it does not actually say how each one is attached, sorry.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts