SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, i bought a 96 aero a few months back and i really like it. but it seems to have a weird boost issue, it pulled hard when i first bought it but it seemed to loose its speed, i figured i was getting used to it and its getting warmer out. but today i was at wot in 2nd and it was spooled, i hit a bump in the road and i could hear the turbo spool more and it pulled like i remember. from what research i did these cars sometimes have boost issues but the fact that it came back when i hit a bump makes me think a loose wire somewhere (sometimes my doors lock with the fob sometimes not) or maybe a sticky apc or wastegate? any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
522 Posts
The bump makes me think hoses. I went down a dirt road that knocked a boost hose loose that looked ok when I visually inspected it but when I pulled on it a bit I found a loose connection that was allowing boost to escape. Do a thorough check of all your boost hoses first and go from there.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Clean/check APC valve, check wastegate arm, check hoses, replace any suspect I long ago went all silicon with little lever clamps and never have the common hose issues, quality of fuel, DI dying, dirtty or non correct NGK spark plugs, start somewhere and eliminate suspects

1 - 3 of 3 Posts