SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 95 900s 4 cylinder non-turbo automatic tranny. I need any information on how to swap my ceised motor for an identical motor. Do they have step by step instructions in Haynes manuals? I have always done general maintinance on my cars, but never something so big as an engine swap. Any help or links to step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Hi, I have a 95 900s 4 cylinder non-turbo automatic tranny. I need any information on how to swap my ceised motor for an identical motor. Do they have step by step instructions in Haynes manuals? I have always done general maintinance on my cars, but never something so big as an engine swap. Any help or links to step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated.
Haynes does have step-by-step instructions. They cover the "drop the engine out the bottom" method. There are people here who have removed the engine from the top using an engine leveler hoist; do some searches. Note that the engine comes out with the transmission.

Also check out platonoff.com for instructions.

You definitely want to read all the instructions and make sure that whichever ones you are following have all the details. It's probably not that hard to pull the engine; it's the little mistakes or things that you forget to unattach that give you grief when they are damaged or cause damage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts