SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

I bought a 1995 Saab 900S with keyless entry and it doesn't seem to work. I put a new battery in the remote and the lights work but the LED indicator on the dash doesnt light up at all. Any ideas? Is there a fuse for this I don't know about? Does anyone know where the power wires run for this model? Thanks! - Caleb

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Has it ever worked? Did you do the "re-program" thing after replacing the battery? You have to push the unlock button like 6 times to make it work after replacing a battery.
If you've done all this to no avail, it may need reprogramming at the dealer.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
If their is a fuse it would be identified on the little flap that hides the fusebox on the side of the dash.

Interesting tidbit I noticed today. I had left my battery disconnected overnight to clear the ECU out. I had locked the doors when I did this (just deadbolt). Woke up, unlocked the car, reattached the battery and drove to work. While driving I attempted to unlock all the doors with the centre console switch, but it didn't work (had worked before disconnecting the battery), so I get to work and do the little remote programming thing where you press the button 6 times, and following doing that part the central locking started working again from the console. Weird huh?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts