SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I recently purchased a 95 9000cs. I've been researching the car and how to enhance the performance but I have a few questions for you. The guy I bought it from said the turbo was recently replaced with a used one. I just bought a boost gauge and each gear reads barely 5psi. I tried the basic boost pressure test and barely reached 5psi so tomorrow I'm going to adjust the actuator like I read. But I thought each gear, the psi was supposed to vary? I thought first gear was limited to a certain psi, and then it raised up as you changed into the other gears? I understand this car is equiped with the LPT and I definately want to change that over to the FPT. But I want to make sure I understand everything about the stock psi of the lpt first. One more question. I hear a scraping/grinding noise when decelerating. I have an auto tranny and it can be heard the most when decelerating from higher rpms. I'm pretty sure the sound is coming from the turbo. Is this a sign that the turbo is going bad? It still boosts strong, but only up to the 5psi like i stated before. Please clear things up for me. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and another thing

also, would the installation of an apc valve increase performance? Or does this need to be done along with an ecu from a fpt, same year, to show increase?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts