SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, i am reluctantly selling my 1994 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible due to a move to the northern states :(..... Anyway, it is an EXTREMELY nice little car, its got nearly 121000 miles and ive owned it about 3 years and have basically taken it from being on its last legs, back to being BRILLIANT!!! Over the last 2 years (less than 3000 miles) i have done the following to this car :-

Cylinder head rework. (Valve lapping, stem seals, leak check)
Replacement of cylinder head gasket and all top-end seals/O-rings.
New plugs, distributor, rotor cap, thermostat.
All new engine vacuum hoses, fittings and check valve.
Transmission filter and oil change.
New radiator and electric fans.
Power steering hose replacement.
Turbo checked for excess turbine endplay (Its fine)
Replaced all brake pads with OEM's (Front and rear)
Adjusted park brake linkages.
Replacement (High quality) Convertible top.
Re-sealed both top hydraulic cylinders.
Installed new radio/cd head unit.
Repaired dent in passenger door and re-painted door. (Perfect match)
Had alignment performed.
Installed refurbished front bumper. (Old one was scuffed and faded)
New exhaust system. (Complete from downpipe back to tailpipe)
Leak checked and recharged A/C system with Freeze 12. (Works great)

The car has a couple things that i have not gotten too:-

Dent under front bottom of LH fender and door. (Cannot see it unless you lie down)
Cruise control does not work (The little switch on the brake pedal broke so it wont let it engage cruise, $10.00 fix and some fiddling)
The drivers door rubber top trim piece has a little split near the mirror.
Front tires are about 1/2 worn. (Rears are great)
Needs front lower fog lights fitting. (I may have time to do this)

I wanted to be completely honest and open about this great little car, everything above is as described, it has been a Texas car for the last 12 years and is absolutely RUST FREE!!! There is no rust anywhere on this thing. It has the auto transmission which operates perfectly. The interior is perfect as far as the carpet, dash and door panels, the seat leather is a little hard and discolored in places but it is not torn or cracked anywhere. The car drives really well, has great power and the transmission shifts as smooth and crisp as it should. I only ever used this car on weekends since ive owned it, but since ive been living out of state for several months its sitting idle. I am ready to sell this car to someone who will hopefully look after it as well as i have, and also enjoy it!!

Asking $4500.00

She's worth it!! ;)

Thanks
Chris Hays
[email protected]
956-458-3226

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well after i nearly ended up selling my car to a guy in Rome, Italy unfortunately it didnt work out :(. So if anyone would like to make me a reasonable offer i am open to it........ Please dont make me put it on Ebay to someone who wont appreciate it!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks Falcon21. I hope she does too!!! Im surprised i haven't had any offers on it yet. :( Im i asking too much?
Try saabnet.com; he'll charge you $30 for an ad, but there are people there who are willing to pay more for a well sorted classic 900. That said, I sold both my c900s 'verts in the past 3 years on Craigs List, but they weren't nearly as nice as yours.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it listed on SAABNET, thanks for the advice........ The car is also now located in Plano, Texas as of yesterday (Dallas), as i moved it from Corpus Christi, TX.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts