SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help with a 1994 GM900 alarm, i does not have any remotes, which i don't think they came with before 1995, i can lock and unlock the car ok, but if i use the deadlock/alarm position on the lock and then i unlock the car, the car will not start, which i take it to be immobilized.
It does not matter if i unlock the car again or not, the only way to start the car is to disconnect the battery, then it starts ok, i would just not use the deadlock position, but there is very little, between the position of locking the car and the deadlocks coming in.
Is there a switch in the lock mechanism, or would taking the fuse out for the alarm work, or can the alarm be disabled in any way.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
There is a microswitch in the keylock that electronically arms the alarm and sends the door lock signal to lock the other doors and the fuel hatch with the power door lock, as well as the mechanical components that lock the door mechanically.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Something MAY be wrong with the alarm module if disconnecting/reconnecting the battery allows you to start and go.

I'd pull the alarm fuse and hopefully that will be that..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts