SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the hobart welder project needs to get finished. Going to need it for these two jobs. The flux core is too messy and the TIG is too combersome.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not exactly the same words I said when I pulled the carpet back to trace the brake light issue. Glad I did because I'd never have seen it from the fender well. It was caked in dirt. Poking it from the top it just fell into pieces. Going to have to cut out the rot and patch it as best I can. I'll use seam sealer to fill all of the gaps to stop water from get in between the layers.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the bottom rubber bushing seal the wheel well? From the diagram it looks like the well has a hole large enough for the shock rod to pass through. When I make a patch I'll need to cut out for the rod only right? I can actually get the LH side well for around $150 but I don't really feel like cutting the entire well out when it's fine. The only rust is from a rotted bushing right there at the top. Horrible design if you ask me.. Is there no plastic liner for the rear? I don't see one on the diagram.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh boy... Passenger side tower is ok but needs treating. The well is gonna need a bit if cutting and metal. Driver side just needs a small patch on top.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts