SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we had our first frost here in the NE this morning and I was a little more than surprised when I started my 94 se 2.5. I set the defrosters for the front and back windows came back out of the house 10 minutes later and they were still frosted. My manual temperature buttons are not working properly. I depress them and the temp does not change and when I use auto it seems to work the opposite it should. Which brings me to another point. I figure if I just set it to auto it should react accordingly and defrost the windows as well as heat the car. The care is equipped with ACC and a few months back I replaced the sensor in the dash but it does not seem to have made all that much difference. The fan does not appear to blow as hard as it should for AC or heat, on manual or auto. Is there some way to trouble shoot this? I have reset/recalibrated more then a few times and that has not helped either although it does indicate sometimes 1, somtimes 2 faults. How do I know ehat these faults are? Is there another sensor, other than the one on the dash? How do you check to see if the one on the dash is working properly. The saga continues with this car. It is not one that is easily troubleshot. Thanks.:roll:

·
Registered
'02 9-5 Aero Wagon, '88 SPG, '02 Viggen Vert, '01 Viggen 4dr, +Triumphs & MGs
1,747 Posts
List the faults here - we can help you out with what they mean :cheesy:

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
gthomp0805 said:
I wish it listed them. It only tells me there are 2 by showing the number 2.
Actually I am thinking it lists the number of codes by the bars on the ACC as fan speed - so 2 bars is 2 codes. The number 2 is the actual code. :cheesy: Well I am 99% sure on that. Unfortunately I do not have my discs at work today - but I am sure someone does....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so where is the "cabin temp sensor" located? Is this the one on the dash or in the dash? The one in the dash is brand new.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
gthomp0805 said:
so where is the "cabin temp sensor" located? Is this the one on the dash or in the dash? The one in the dash is brand new.
That does not mean it is a good one. Do you have the old one? Or access to one that you can borrow? Maybe too check the connections?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK so I found out it is the sensor in the dash. Hmm. Just replaced it 2 months agi. The old one the fan kept running even after the car was turned of. Can i repair the new one?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I was told the run on is actually a standard thing...I have also been told the run on is caused by the ACC - which is right - no idea. I cleaned and reoiled my old one and it was no longer a problem.

I looked at that code article you referenced. Those do not look like the same codes as for my 900NG. They do use a different ACC. SO you may have some bad info there.

I would recommend cleaning and reoiling your old sensor - then try that....in the meantime, let me see what code info I can find here.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
here are the codes I know for your car....which are different than the 9-5.

code 01 - then it is the ACC panel itself.

code 04 - Mixed Air Temparature Sensor , the specific problem is that: (a) Open or Short circuit to B+ (battery +) or (b) Shorted to ground.

code 06 - is the "air-mix damper motor".

code 07 - is a.... "Air mixing stepping motor" that’s Jammed

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109946&page=2&pp=20&highlight=acc+code has a diagram that shows the mixing motor and the stepping motors, etc. The 900 and 9-3 only have 1 - the 9-5 has one for each side of the car....

KPA2004 might have the codes…otherwise tomorrow I can bring in my service discs

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been doing some research on this code thing. If it diplays a number 1 then it is the panel itself. Would this also be the reason the heated seata re not working? From what I have read all indications say yes.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
That I do not know - I did not think the seats are integrated into the ACC - when I got my car I had to repair both seat heaters.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Now now - there are tons of links here for fixing the heated seats :) Not going to give you all the answers....I thought there was a link at the tech section....but here are some more...

This is for the old style seat - but the general principal is the same:
http://www.quasimotors.com/heated_seat_repair.htm

Otherwise there are tons of articles here - seach heated seat repair in the advanced search....

I did mine before the onslaught of winter :cheesy:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Flashheart thanks for the last 2 replies. I was out of town yesterday and will take these links into the weekend and let you know how I amke out.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
keep me informed! I like to know how these things turn out. A lot of times you never get the final result - which can lead to maybe missing data in the long run that can help others.

Hopefully the stuff posted will help! Also check the FAQ section - there might be something there on the seats.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts