SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 60 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well, I got everything back together and now the starter won't engage. The fuel pump relay is buzzing and I have no brake lights. Once again my thoughts turn to a part-out. I don't have so much sunk into it at this point to do it. If the ECU crapped out now then I may just scrap the car.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I finally found a factory service manual. The haynes manual sucks for component setup clarity. There's also confusion between the turbo and non-turbo setup. I think I may have the battery lead on the wrong starter post. There's already a large lead coming from (what I assume is) the alternator and that's where I put the battery lead but none of the pics I've seen show 2 leads on it. There are no ground point diagrams for the chassis, engine and body only wiring diagrams with numbers. I'm definitely missing something and I don't usually have this issue with rebuilds since I work on each section in my garage on a daily basis. In this case I don't have room and can only get to the car once a week for a few hours. More than frustrating.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
eSaabParts.com never replied to my shipment status requests on the throttle body shaft seals. They showed up today in the mail. I installed the TB on the car yesterday with o-rings for packing. (n):mad:
I have an extra V-seal now for the later model throttle body shaft seals if anyone needs one. If the o-rings leak later I'll have an OE part to replace it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The Yamaha XJ finally has a home, outside of the garage now. Lots of junk to haul off and a mess bench to sort out next. I have a few work tables in the garage to organize and clean off before I clear out the garage for the 9000 to come home. It looks like it will have to be towed home still, considering it still is not ready for a temporary tag. I'm hoping that the next video set will be from the garage. We'll see, I'm a pack rat. LOL

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Sample lug clean-up. They were nasty and rusted. I did not get a "before" pic on this one but they all look about the same so I'll post a video segment on the process for the whole batch soon.

Post soaking for corrosion removal

Post polish

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ohh yeah, those will rust without treatments. A bit of Burr removal wouldn't go amiss either..
Bit odd tho... the fixation on Lug nuts when the entire car is Sketchy.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
It's gonna be coming home very soon. (Maybe this weekend!) Garage is just about done and I'm still sore. A couple more truck loads, a couple days of more reorganizing and it'll be ready. I've already hauled off 700lbs of packrat clutter and garbage. Now, I just need someone to install a mini-split heat pump in there for me. :p

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Started it up today and drove it under its own power and on new tires for the first time. Got a fuel leak at the old nylon supply joint so I am not driving it home. I might get video of the tow load and drop at home tomorrow.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Glad to hear that 9000 is running. Fuel leak is no big deal.
Short spokes are missing center caps.
The caps are at home. Missing one spring. More video soon. The plan is to drop the metal lines enough to replace with rubber extensions at the pump. Any concerns there? I dislike nylon joints. I have crimp rings for the connections.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Good progress. Nice wheels. Refurbished?? Or original??

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Do you know about the common "headlight failure" issue.
It is usually headlights going off randomly. There will be a thread on it somewhere.

Usually a very easy fix.
The big headlight relay in the engine bay develops dodgy connections, they only need resoldering, I can see it in your photos. I have done 3 cars with this fault now.

Also the issue on the random and silly uncontrollable shifting in the auto.
Oops, not you!
You have a manual!

Sorry

41 - 60 of 131 Posts