SaabCentral Forums banner
561 - 580 of 582 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #564 ·
Got the oil pressure sender installed, went to crank it up, nada. Starter solenoid appears to have crapped out. Time for a new starter I guess.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #566 ·
No it acted up after the 4th or 5th burn-in run. No juice getting to the motor but the coil works. My kinda luck, motor is great but solenoid crapped out. Solenoid costs more than a rebuilt starter.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #568 ·
I found a bosch part for $50 but need to verify fitment. Cheaper than a $180 starter. I will jumper the starter and test things. Video maybe on this issue..

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #569 ·
A few back to back tries and the contacts freed up. Starter motor is fine, gonna need a solenoid eventually. Oil pressure and coolant gauges are working. Time to swap out the dash trim and button it back up now that the SCC is fixed.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Maybe it's just sticky from sitting for a while. My XR sat for a year a while back and when I put it back on the road the starter was iffy. I bought a new one, but by the time it showed up the one on the car loosened up. That was four years ago. ;)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #571 ·
Nice color, no more cracks all over the dash face. A couple cluster bulbs to replace and I think the dash can be marked complete. Sound system is freaking LOUD. I love it at 11 but my ear drums hurt 3/4 up on the dial. Need to finish the back deck refresh and sub install next.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #572 ·
Hood Automotive tire Bumper Rectangle Automotive exterior

Heavy skin install. Should be ready for the panel soon. Back seats may get skinned and covers sent to L-seat for new pattern. Not sure yet. May do that later. They work and have been restitched to fix splits. Just hard leather and ugly fading. I am going to have to make a trunk battery kit for this audio setup, though.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #573 ·
So it seems as though there may be a wiring or ground issue. When I turn on my dash lights and turn on the ACC the dash lights fuse blows. Not sure why since the blower is on its own circuit. I have a 30A fuse in for tracing and the wire is getting super hot at the fuse.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Definitely sounds like a bad ground for the ACC or blower... but weird that it would be trying to go through lighting. Maybe some unexpected internal wiring on the ACC itself?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #575 ·
G8 looked like a frosted flake. I soaked it with some coil cleaner and it is happy now. Tried swapping in a boost module from a 96 CSE and it got really confused. So did the tach. Was hoping my cluster collection was a quick swap. Nope, some parts work on my 94 some do not. Ah well I have the AEM gauge.

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #579 ·
Was a short in the tail lamp plate. I reseated the bulbs and put ATC breakers in the two fuse slots. No issues now. :rolleyes:

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light

NOS corner and headlight assembly.

561 - 580 of 582 Posts