SaabCentral Forums banner

421 - 440 of 473 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
Does anyone have measurement specs for the A, AB and C pistons? I've dug around and can only find the part numbers. There are 3 ring sizes but 5 piston sizes.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #427
The crankshaft is on its way to Hauser Auto Machine in Raleigh to be ground and polished. The head is at R&R here in town getting jet washed and the flatness checked. The ABS module is coming off now and I'll be checking the brake booster. They both could use some rust treatment.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #432
Not much going on right now. ABS pump is back together. Found a steal on ebay for a used system so grabbed it. Will mix/match between the two since the one port has damaged threads. Pulled the steering rack out and it's leaking around the rod seals. Not sure if I want to rebuild with new inner rods or just get a new/used one. It's heavily corroded outside, even the outer rod threads are gone. New rear engine mount installed, front subframe cleaned up, radiator removed and cleaned inside and out. Brake booster is coming off next for spot rust treating. Video soon on steering rack removal.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #434
That's not epoxy, if you're wondering. It's Polyvance FiberFlex rod. Video soon. Safety 3rd. Watch the video.. LOL

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #435
It's back from Hauser Auto Machine looking like gold. 1 undersize on both and ready for bearings to get ordered. $125 to cut and polish. Ready for 200k more miles.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #436
Salt is so evil. It did not look that bad until I pulled the brake bottle and relay box off. Guess this will be the next mini-project while waiting on the steering rack.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #438
Only one small area on the fender lip needs metal repair. It is right where a trim bushing goes so I will probably tack some sheet metal to the back and putty the outside even before I repaint the fender.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #440
So much for engine work for a while. No extra funds coming in anytime soon for it. It may not happen until next year with the way the economy has been going. I'm working on what I can now, with what I have. Front left fender is being repaired and will be repainted. Waiting on the steering rack to come in and will need to buy outer rods before install. I will probably pull the other fender next and work on painting that side of the engine bay.

421 - 440 of 473 Posts