SaabCentral Forums banner

301 - 320 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
AC is installed and working finally. Left side air vent has been repaired with new knob and damper seal. Video will be done tonight possibly. Started on the right-side jack point repairs.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
Is there a minimum rpm for the Seiko AC clutch to lock when energized? I have the compressor off of the car and want to verify the clutch is OK before reassembly. The compressor is fine. The manuals I have contain no details, just "replace clutch".

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
AC clutch is magnetic, so it do not need RPMs.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
AC clutch is magnetic, so it do not need RPMs.
So the clutch plate doesn't have a coil as well? If not, then the clutch is bad. Putting 12VDC on the clutch lead does not lock the clutch to the rotor when sitting still.

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
Nope, only steel plate.
Do you double checked overheating thermostat, it should be at 0 ohm.
Have you double checked that compressor will have ground in body?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
Nope, only steel plate.
Do you double checked overheating thermostat, it should be at 0 ohm.
Have you double checked that compressor will have ground in body?
I did not check the thermostat but the body is grounded. I get current draw on the clutch wire but not enough to consider it a direct short in the coil. I did not see anything in the manual about location of the thermostat. Is it the square behind the pulley on the outer casing?

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
Yes.
Try to remove shim plate from clutch, it usually helps.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
Weak field on the inner coil. Not enough to hold the pulley. Outer coil has no field at all.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #314
This belt tensioner is a nightmare. Is there a trick to fitting a new one that is not compressed?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #315
I got it. Crowbar.. So belt and broken AC compressor is back on. Just for giggles I went to test start it. No fuel. Pulled the used module out that was working, stopped working. :rolleyes: Looks like I will be doing a walbro pump swap this weekend and a coolant leak check if it runs.

301 - 320 of 327 Posts