SaabCentral Forums banner

281 - 300 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Driver's rear door is being swapped. Video on that soon. Since I cut the door harness I have to pull the other door harness through and then test everything. The door handle is broken and the latch may need to be swapped as well. The panel is tan instead of grey so it will be up for sale shortly. In really good condition.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Everything works but I think the bottom seal is different. This came off a CSE. There is a lot of binding from the bottom sweep and the door will not shut fully.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
NOTE: the trim pins on the CS doors are not at the same level as the CD doors(higher). I am going to have to use emblem tape to reinstall the CD trim on the replacement door.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #286 (Edited)
ACC is working now, have a few connectors to redo. Did I mention how much I dislike those Volvo bullet connectors? Time to finish the floor pan repairs and get the dash back together.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
Looks like I am going to have to pull the heater box back out and install the blower and heater box together from the inside. I can not get it to line up and rotate into the bottom. My cut up arms have had enough. I'm ready for the 60F temps at this point for the final welding work. I'll be taking my EPA 608 exam next week, already have my 609 for automotive. With that mini-split I'll need to buy R-410A to top off the unit.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
And, of course, the duct extension for the RH defroster duct is no where to be found. So much for getting the dash frame back on tonight.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
I picked a bunch of parts today off a 93 cs 5spd turbo. Since Paypal decided I was somehow not following their user agreement after 16 years of biz and shut my account off, I am unable to sell on eBay now. So, I have a Mercari account setup under Ryengoth. I will be listing all types of items as time allows.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
Does the dash computer turn on with the key or when the engine is running? I have 2 that backlight but are blank.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
With the key! And it helps to have a fuse installed for both the radio and the radio/clock fuse slots.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
Dash repairs are underway. Dirty work.. almost as bad as fiberglass. The Polyvance stuff as performed as advertised so far. Video soon.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
The grey wire on the stereo connector is a constant 12VDC and should be used for the radio memory as noted in the wiring diagram. Make sure your fuses aren't blown before you check with a test light. :) Also, the green wire on the amp connector is also a constant 12VDC but it's smaller gauge than the grey on the stereo connector. The green wire looks to be 16AWG so it should handle a 400W amp or any amp with a 20A or lower fuse in it. I ran a dedicated power source with 14AWG so I'd be assured up to 32A of current support. I could have used that green power lead on the Alpine amp, though.

281 - 300 of 327 Posts