SaabCentral Forums banner

261 - 280 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Not too bad for first draft with no tech drawing. 2 minor changes and it should fit like a glove.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
The R-134a AC evap expansion valve retaining plate is on order. Estimated delivery 7/16. We'll see how well it works out.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
Been in the 90s and extremely humid, not much work being done right now. The MrCool mini-split is supposed to be available to ship out by mid-July. Figures. At least I'll have it for August and September.I probably won't video the install.

I just got an Aero turbo cluster in and swapped the EDU in. It looks great but I'm not able to connect to it or the replacement ACC with the Tech II. Both show connectivity hints but it won't pull codes or anything. The ACC will actually reset once it's done trying to connect and I turn the key off/on. The EDU lights brighten and the ABS light turns on and off. I do have some things disconnected in the dash but the only thing that could possibly affect ODBI that's not connected is the factory stereo and the anti-theft box. What am I missing?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
So exciting! I love making replacement parts from drawings. If I had a mill I would have made these by hand a lot faster. Can't have all the fun though, I suppose. 3-weeks out currently. I still have to finish the welding and front pan repairs, reassemble the entire dash and repair the dash splits so lots to do.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
Expansion valve repair plates and m6 studs are on the way. Wish I had that AC system in the garage. Humidity is horrible. No much more work has been done in June. The two 8" sub boxes are done, starting on the trunk subfloor layout. Radial piers will be used in the spare tire well and I have to make an access door for the fuel pump in the floor. EPA 609A test for auto AC is in the mail. Almost ready to take my 608 exams for everything else. Too hot to work in the garage so I will just study!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I catch maybe 10 posts at a time whenever I skim through the 9k forums, and always love what I’m seeing. One of these days I’m going to claim a six pack and read this start to finish.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
It's a lot posts for sure. Trying to split the content somewhat between videos and posts with the forum having recent updates as things progress. I'm fighting with the blower now. ACC swapped and the voltages look ok so I'm not sure what's going on with it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's a lot posts for sure. Trying to split the content somewhat between videos and posts with the forum having recent updates as things progress. I'm fighting with the blower now. ACC swapped and the voltages look ok so I'm not sure what's going on with it.
keep it up! Keeps me motivated to continue progress on my motor swap and that is nothing compared to the restoration you are doing.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
Trunk sub floor is going in this weekend hopefully. Carpet finally came in for the sub boxes and floor. These 8s will be top firing. The 12 will be rear firing. That replacement door is getting in the way so it might go on first.

261 - 280 of 290 Posts