SaabCentral Forums banner

241 - 260 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Held 80psi just fine. Phew.. Good thing because the only one I found was $700. Coil cleaner and fin comb then put it all back together.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Original copper heater core or aftermarket? It was definitely leaking around the end caps.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
I should have waited to order it.. I was trying to be efficient and look what it got me! Another core is on order with barb fittings. Make you a deal on an ACC quick-connect core. :/

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Little by little dirty is turning into sexy. Boy does she need a new clear coat. One day.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
I can't really put a clear coat on it. I don't have a booth. I'd LOVE to have one. I would have to have it done at a body shop and I don't have that kind of play money at this time. The engine needs more love. The garage will be getting a mini-split HVAC before the Saab gets a clear coat. The summer heat and humidity here is horrendous. It cuts down my garage time more the older I get. I'm barely spending an hour out there at a time right now. 87F 95%RH. I can handle the temp but the humidity makes me tired much faster. In late July is not abnormal to have 95-99F with 98%RH. I don't even go outside to work in the yard and have to cut my postage stamp lawn in sections with cooling breaks.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
Anoles are out in masses. Spring hatching is done. These drive the dogs and cats crazy. Once in a while a cat is quicker and I get to deal with they play-time results.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
Rear rotors and pads are being delivered today. :p Now, I just need the axle nuts I've had to buy twice. Thesaabsite sent me CV axle nuts for the rear axle nut part#. No bearing flange on it. :mad: They'll get used somewhere. Hopefully I'll have a rear spindle/hub/break reassembly video ready this weekend. It will include hub bearing inspection and repacking.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Yay, the right rotors and pads. The rotors have a super thick coat of lacquer. Used almost an entire big can of Oreilly Auto brake clean on this one. Wheels going back on soon.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Where does #20 go on the heater box? I took pics but I do not see it in any of them and I can not figure it out.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
AC is reinstalled and plumbed back up. Boy is that thing a huge pain to work with. I managed to work it in/out with the intake manifold still on. I don't want to open that can-of-worms until later. I just know those boots are going to be hard and may need replacing. Vacuum test tonight and see if the AC system leaks. If it does, I'll have to pick up a nitrogen tank for bubble tests. Been wanting to get one.

Easy test for the evap coil ice switch on the top of the case. Pull the lead out of the coil and stick it in a cup of ice water. If it doesn't pop down within a few seconds it's bad. Give it 10-15 seconds to warm up and it should pop back. A continuity tester should show a short across the terminals for just above freezing (3C/35F+) and an open circuit below that. Be careful with bending the capillary tube. If it cracks it's toast.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
Lookin good so far. Sub 30lb vac maintained. I have a new drier to install but will wait until the engine work is done so I can do a nitrogen pressure test on it all. These gauges work ok. The valves are cheaply made. Typical HFT. Looking at a digital temp/gauge set for all gas types and a few more hvac tools. Going online to get my refrig and EPA cert soon. Can never have too many trade skills!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
Booooo, there is a slow leak somewhere. Will have to charge it up later and use a sniffer to find it. Probably the condensor coil or exp valve. At least it is not the.evap coil!

241 - 260 of 290 Posts